Elhonna Spiritual Weapon - Quarterstaff not Longbow?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by camelotcrusade, Jul 14, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

Hey guys,

I've been playing the excellent CO8 mod for a couple years now and I love it. Just in case you guys are working on another update, here's one thing that's always bugged me about the original TOEE: The spiritual weapon summoned by a cleric of Elhonna appears as a green quarterstaff instead of as a longbow.

I assume they simply didn't make the longbow and put in a substitute, but when I combed through description.mes I found this:
    {4145}{Spiritual Weapon Longbow}

Could it be that it's just a bug and the weapon DOES exist? Let me know if there is a way to create/test this, I'm not too handy with the console. If it does exist, I'd love to see this corrected. If it doesn't, how about changing it to {4146}{Spiritual Weapon Longsword}? That's at least one of the elf racial weapons. :)

Oh, and while I'm talking about ranged weapons, assigning the Exotic Weapon Feat: Hand Crossbow crashes the game for me when I view my character's inventory screen, at least as of 6.1.0 NC. Edit: Doh, just saw you can't use the Hand Crossbow yet per http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8742.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi CC
    Spiritual Weapon in ToEE does not function the way it is described in the 3.5 rules. You are correct that the Spiritual Weapon for a Cleric of Ehlonna should be a Longbow. My guess is Troika changed it to Quarterstaff so that it would function like the Spiritual Weapons of every other Deity (in other words as a Melee Weapon). According to d20srd (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spiritualWeapon.htm) , you should be able to control what the SW attacks and where it moves too. Another interesting note is that if your SW attacks a target with Spell Resistance, in d20srd, there is a chance the weapon will be dispelled, which is something that doesn't happen in ToEE.

Our Host!