Editing NPC's?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by chimera99, Oct 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. chimera99

chimera99 Member

Have any of the CO8ers figured out how to mod the NPCs. Like where their basic stats are and what feats and skills they get when they level up? I found the level up file but reports were that changing it didn't change the level up's in game. Particularly I would like to change Elmo so that he doesn't have two weapon fighting twice and I would like to give Meleny crafting feats.

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

I believe they are in protos.tab, soemone who acutally edited that file can be more specific.

3. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

I used Vaevictus's ProtoEd to find the npc stats, and notepad to edit them. So far I've only changed Meleny's stats to make them in line with my pcs, have had no problems yet.

4. Shin

Shin Established Member

LOL... no shit, to tell that I was using hex editor... :roll:

I feel so.... lol

5. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

Hehe yeah, I was suprised notepad worked... sometimes the easiest answer is the right answer. :)

One odd thing I did notice however... when I changed Meleny's CON from 10 to 16 (I'm not marrying a frail girl, dammit), her HP went from 3 to 11... seemed to be a rather large jump. Possibly the fact that she was already in my party when I made the changes had something to do with it.

Our Host!