Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Feb 24, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. darkfeld01

darkfeld01 Ancient Lurker

I used to play DDO when it first released. I was in the beta and played for like 2 1/2 years. When i got promoted at work, and then moved i kinda fell out of it.

My buddy is getting back into it and some of my old guildies are facebook messaging me to come back so maybe i will.

I co-founded the Dwarven Defenders guild a few months after launch on riedra, which is now Kybher i believe. The guild is still going strong and a few of the original members have returned i hear. They have always been a great group of guys, as well as fair and fun.

If you guys run with any of the old timers or most of the officers you can tell them that Delard Duertheur says high and may be coming back soon (if i can fix my vidoe card issues i'm having).

2. kio11

kio11 Established Member

are you guys still playing and if yes in which server mainly?

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I think I played for a little while as a dwarven cleric or sth like that. I liked the dungeon design but the game got old for me pretty quickly. Probably as you said, more fun with a party, but I don't know that many people IRL who play "alternative" MMOs, only a few WoW freaks, and I usually avoid playing with ppl I don't know.

Still, if you wanna run a dungeon or sth, shoot me a PM and we could figure it out. I'm pretty low-level in DDO, though.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'm running low-level toons on Thelanis(3 - 4, 6 and 8 level). I have multiple toons on Sarlona, Khyber and Cannith (7 each).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm, thinking of getting back into the game for a bit... Probably a stereotypical human paladin for a while, then Drow rogue or ranger when/if I get the 400 favor.

Recommend me a server?

6. GuardianAngel82

I'm on there regularly. Sarlona seems to have a pretty nice culture. The Guilds on Khyber seem to be a little more successful. I drift from server to server myself, trying new character class combinations out.

The main to me is to find people you like to hang out with.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

As per suggestion, made a char on Khyber. Audamar Shieldhart, lvl3 paladin. Feel free to add me.

8. GuardianAngel82

I'll go look. ;)

The closest I've got it a couple of level 5's. I friended you with AQUILAS SHADOW REAVER, a 5th level Drow Favored Soul.

My son also likes to play on that server.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I'm mid-lvl4 now.

Oddly enough, I neither got your invite, nor can find you.

10. GuardianAngel82

Me friending you will tell ME when you are on. Friend me to see when I'm on. Give me a clue about when you are on.

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Oh, that's a weird way for it to work >__> I'm on at fairly random times, I guess that's not very helpful. Evening EST more often than any other time.

I also did just add you, I was being stupid and didn't realize I had to search by first name only. Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the invite, and let me know if you're on and want to party with a pld3/fgt1 :D

12. GuardianAngel82

A "simple" paladin? The urge to multi-class can be irresistable, but in DDO has to be carwfully planned. Since everything is irreversible.

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

You can redistribute enhancements, no? I think I took a few that I won't need, need to reassign them at some point.

I took 1 level of fighter for the tower shield and free feat, might take another since that still leaves room for level 3 Knight of Chalice prestige. I started with "Truthbringer" path but split off early on to customize a bit, still trying to keep the general idea of the in-between melee guy who's capable of both tanking and soloing.

14. GuardianAngel82

Yes, you can redo enhancements. It's the third choice down when you visit a trainer. But it will cost.

I was never tempted to try a path. Your first character is essentially a learning experience. Don't give up on him when discover things aren't quite "right". You can exchange feats and even redo levels. But this gets progressively more costly.

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, I got the character planner and now have a specific idea, so should be no problem ;)

Our Host!