"Dungeon Lords" Needs Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuruChaz, May 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuruChaz

GuruChaz Member

As you all probably know by now, Dungeon Lords was finally released a few days ago with many bugs and features listed in the manual that was disabled. The official website sums up the catastrophe of this game release.

http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39

It has potential but needs many bug fixes and I was curious if the Circle of Eight would take this on as a repair project like you did with Temple of Elemental Evil, especially if the official patches stop and Heuristic Park goes under as a business?

It would be a shame to see an old school RPG with a great storyline go down the tubes.

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Ok, my gf was in the States for work and picked up a copy thinking that I'd love it. To her face, I'm as happy as Larry playing it.

My review is found here: http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7196

Most of the bugs seems to be patchable and some of the main gameplay issues look like they can be rebalanced. But the real issue is that this game is an action rpg with all the focus on action.

The RT combat sucks monkeynuts. It's bad, boring and repetitive unless you consider the options of no-click, click fast and click faster to be the summit of an RPG experience. If there was some way to transform this into something like Gothic then it may work reasonably well.

The RP elements of the game are so bad that they really need an extensive rewrite. Interaction with an NPC does not mean pages and pages of plot summary and exposition. A quest does not necessarily mean "fetch and kill".

Unless the devs/pubs release totally comprehensive modding tools then this game (once patched by its makers) is just about good enough to be a LAN hack n slash. For a fan modder to turn this game around would take many, many years of mod-time.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That review is the most sarcastic thing I have EVER read.

<bows, hands him the entire cookie bag> We're not worthy!!!

[Edit: Just read the feedback, noticed V was there and he hated it! That makes it twice as good!!!!]

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Pretty good, Zeb.

I notice a few old names from Atari there on the Codex.

<wipes away tears>

5. lexb123

lexb123 Member

Great game

I am honestly loving this game. Yeah it’s buggy, and REALLY BUGGY on the isle with the Unholy Arc as you can get randomly stuck there or bug the altar and not be able to beat the game, but I still love it. We have been playing this game with multiplayer and it just adds so much fun to it! Get 3-4 people to adventure with you and mages are no longer worthless! I freeze while my friends attack. Good deal, hehe.

I suggest you try this game, at least try the demo! I'm sure you will like it.

Btw the story so far is AWESOME!

6. RevNevar

RevNevar Member

Help for Stranded Celestial Dwarf : Trial of Ancient Elders

Any clues on how to complete the fire room (trial 4)? I'm way stuck and dead dead and oh yeah dead again! Thanks!

7. old64mb

old64mb Member

If you're still stuck I posted a walkthrough a bit back on the typhoon board...lemme know if you need the link.

Our Host!