Dual-wielding 16th-level Ranger causes AoO?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by psiekier, Dec 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. psiekier

psiekier Member

My dual-wielding Ranger recently made 16th level, and something very odd has started happening: somewhere between the third and fifth swing with one of his weapons, he draws an Attack of Opportunity from every opponent in range. I'm not very familiar with any version of AD&D after First Edition, so maybe I have something set on him that makes this happen (I know tripping and unarmed strikes draw AoO's)... or is it a bug of some kind?

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

While I was playing the Co8 Modpack 7.9 NC, I experienced a bug similar to what you experienced, psiekier. I reported the following bug in the bug report thread for Co8 Modpack version 7.#:

By the way, any character with the Improved Trip feat doesn't provoke any attacks of opportunity when attempting to trip an opponent, and any character with the Improved Unarmed Strike feat (monks automatically have this feat) doesn't provoke any attacks of opportunity when making unarmed attacks.

Attached Files:

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Please post this issue in the Version 8 discussion and commentary thread so it does not get missed and can be looked into.

Our Host!