download problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dale5351, Sep 25, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

I have just started to play ToEE. It came on a DVD from Amazon that had BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, ToEE and PS -- for the grand price of less than $20. Installed it in my games directory under Atari.

I was told that I should get the Co8 mod to improve the game -- but I am having difficulty following the download (and install) directions.

I downloaded patch1 and patch2, but when I tried to run them was told that they could not find my ToEE.exe. That may not really matter, since it is quite possible that the version I got was fully patched.

BUT -- when I try to follow the links to download the current (V7.4) NC mod, I get wrapped around the pole. The first thing that happened was a popup that said to either join ModDB (which I did) or click on a link. That sends me to a page that seems to give me a choice of downloading via something called Desura or via a mirror. I've tried both but can get neither to work. The mirror page points me to a popup that says to begin downloading circle...setup.exe from gamefront.

BUT, when I click that I get to a page with a "DOWNLOAD NOW" button that sometimes does not work (MSIE gives a bar that asks me to allow download file -- I say yes, but just get returned to the original page with nothing happening) or ELSE the web page crashes. It might go into a loop saying something like "problem with tab, had to reload" or simply saying IE has encountered a problem and needs to close.

FWIW, I am using Norton's as my security program.

Any help / suggestions / direct links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

Update: I managed to figure out how to "join" Desura, and was able to download and install the Co8 NC mod from there. It did not complain about not having patches installed, so perhaps I am good to go now. I was able to directly download patch 7.4.1 and installed it.

Off to generate characters and begin the game anew.

3. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Have fun! I did not use desura, my AV does not like it.

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Don't know if you have played any of the NC before but from my new experiences with it possible spoiler advice follows-
    if you are trying the Arena of Heroes just a tip- do your buffs before you travel to the Arena since the travel time is instantaneous and travel clockwise while in Hickory Branch and DON'T leave it- the additional XP's you get from having your sleep interrupted might come in handy...

Our Host!