Double Weapons

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Basil the Timid, Aug 9, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I was wondering if it has ever been considered to make a double weapon into two pieces and two separate items in protos.tab?

For example an orc double axe could have one primary head item (treated as one-handed weapon rather than two-handed weapon) and an off-hand head item.

Advantages
    Players could then enchant them separately
    Players could enjoy a higher damage die (usually d8) in the off-hand than usually permitted.

Disadvantages
    Players could combine an off-hand weapon head with a totally different primary weapon.
    Players could use the primary half with a shield
    * Both items could have text that explains how they should be combined

Above my pay grade
    I have no idea what the animation could look like, but could the primary half alone determine what the item looks like in the character's hands?

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I don't know if this helps at all, but a small quarterstaff can be made proficient for small monks by making their weapon type Nunchaku. The animation looks ok for one-handing a staff, I think, but hard to tell being that halflings are so small. The only advantage to doing this would be the better strength bonus for a two-handed weapon. I suppose there would have to be a text that explains that weapon focus Tonfa should be used instead of quarterstaff.

Hmm, one size for tonfas fits all in ToEE, so maybe not even worth it considering that tonfas do d6 instead of d4. Again, one would have to have a beefy small person to make up for this, and it wouldn't even matter if using flurry attack, right?

I guess using Heavy_Mace classification for small quarterstaff (for non-monks) creates an unusual animation.

Our Host!