Does the spell "magic stone" work in this game?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Longarms, Feb 4, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Longarms

Longarms Member

I am trying to make a couple halflings that either sling or throw magic stones. I would prefer to sling them (better range)

I cant get the spell magic stone to work though! I use a druid and try to cast it at myself. No stones appear in my inventory.

Anyone able to get "magic stones" to work???

2. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

cast it on the enemy.

3. Longarms

Longarms Member

Ohh... thanks. That is a dissapointing implementation. The instructions say that the spell produces three stone in your inventor which can be thrown or slung.

So none of the throwing feats (rapid fire, point blank) affect the spell under the current implimentation. If the spell worked to create stones in your inventory you could give the stones to the sling user and he could fire two stones per round with rapid fire and get +1 to hit and + dmaage on the stones with point blank. A rogue would also be able to sneak attack with the magic stone and get DEX and STR bonuses. Thing of the possibilities if the spell hade been implimented properly!!!

The spell goodberry puts stuff in your inventory... wonder if it would be too hard to mod that spell to produce sling bullets instead of good berries. The mod would also have to make the "sting bullets" +1d6 and +2d6 on undead. That sounds harder...

4. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Member

Magic Stone

my cleric cast magic stone at furnok (in our party) and caused ire and posturing. other than that, it looks just like spell power, not an inventory item. ypftoa (you prob'ly figured that out already.

5. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

Wouldn't the question here be, not "how was it implemented", but rather, can it be fixed? (this is the Circle of 8 and all ;-))

-- d

Our Host!