Does anybody have the new item codes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by camelotcrusade, Mar 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

Hi,

Does anybody have the new item codes for some of the cool stuff added to the pregame store (and elsewhere)? I made a new guy and wanted to give him a purple cloak, but I forgot to buy him one in the pregame store. At this point, I'd either like to console one in or find one to buy (just let me know...). I also wonder if a purple bandana is for sale, he has one in his pic.

thanks!

2. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

Item codes I have to looksie later,but purple cloaks are in store with clothing/weaver merchant in Hommlet(NE of tavern),it is green you can't seem to buy.. Not sure on bandanas??? Yes some things are wasted,in not being in game,only pregame store. I buy all the wierd things,ie kilts,jackets weapons and armour I think not available(musical instruments come to mind also).

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The purple cloak, along with several other colors, are in the store run by the halfling to the N of the WW somewhat after the start of the game. Usually 2nd visit for me.

Red and blue bandanas are available from dead pirates. ;)

4. kylan271

I think Gaear should utilize one of the unused houses in Hommlet and add another merchant-Musical instruments(for Bards which is largely uncovered in TOEE)and possible side quest,ie clearing Deklo grove gives Masterwork MInstruments available(perhaps Ronald or Zaxis involved). All featured clothing prestore should be included in Weaver shop list as well(Ok and there is a kilt for you GA82..heh ^_*).

And Gaeer please please retrun Green colour Mesh to 'Elven Boots and Cloaks'..as in TOEE original,.too many black items now,and green seems more apt.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

We should have multiple ones, really: green, black and the cunning translucent Lothlorien one that was done a while back and is out there somewhere.

Item #s can be found in data/mes/description.mes. Note that using the console is now considered to void your Co8 warranty: too many people are quite obviously breaking their games with console screw-ups and then reporting this as a 'bug', so we're drawing a line. Use the console by all means but if you start getting CTDs or corrupted saves, we don't want to hear about it (and since a fair number of items in description.mes have incomplete or missing protos, if you try to console every item just to see what they look like, you WILL, 100% guaranteed get CTDs and corrupted saves).

6. GuardianAngel82

Actually, about 10 generations ago, we were lowlanders, so we wore our "trews". I believe there's a clan we are now associated with that wears kilts. But, I'm not sure it counts as we were exiled to Northern Ireland 350 years ago for treason for being Covenanters.

I believe the Celtic Runes look a wee bit more comely on a lass anyway. ;)

I believe they were originally tan.

7. Shiningted

No, the cloaks were green, but the boots were black so it was a pretty popular measure when they got changed. But as my Mexican compatriate points out, there is more than enough black in the game - I leant towards keeping the cloak green myself. I meant to have a character in KotB allow you to change colours as desired, but never got around to it as it wasn't a high priority.

8. GuardianAngel82

Mexican? Curiouser and curiouser....

Whoops! The Elven Cloak was green, with tan Elven Boots and Gloves of Dexterity. I was visualizing them, but not thinking about them. :stoned:

9. bobrickjones

bobrickjones Member

i was wondering how i could get the origanal unholy orc double axe back...i do not care for the new texture... it looks completely unweildable...just my opinion...

10. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

Thanks guys, I will check that shop. Good point on the console, Ted, I will avoid using it (it's too tempting anyway once you get started...).

On the bandana I only wanted a purple one because of the new portrait pack. There's a spiffy bucaneer on there with a bright indigo bandana. I chose that pic and fancied to match him up, what with all the neat-o new colors you guys put in. I suppose he will have to go with a blue one and we'll say he's colorblind...

PS - It's {6428}{Violet Cloak}. Not that I will console it in. Noooo. :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  11. kylan271

OK forgot exactly colours,just recall green with items from Blackjay. Tan perhaps correct. The boots of speed looks neat,but I am saddened there is no colour options for elven boots(and cloaks now) over normal items.

12. Shiningted

More coloured bandannas? Hmmmm, I guess we can do that.

Of course, the boots of speed should be lime green.

13. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

As stated before, hats and boots in more colors would be nice, as well.

14. kylan271

Can we get a consensus of opinion on which colours are best suited to what magic item? It is nice to have these things,but to leave it up to Mod creators alone is not fair,so we should at least give something for them to work on??? To me magical items should be colour coded to at least add variety to the game and not nearly everything all black(unless you are a NZ rugby player huh?).

And GA82..no flourecent tartan colours OK???

15. GuardianAngel82

But it's a SAFETY issue! It's dangerous to walk the streets without people being able to see you...

Oh! You mean in the game. WhatEver...

Our Host!