Do You RP Men or Women?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Feb 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
?

Which race/sex combinations have you played as your primary character?

1. Human females

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Human males

36 vote(s)
    73.5%
  3. Dwarven females

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Dwarven males

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  5. Elven females

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  6. Elven males

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  7. Half Elven females

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  8. Half Elven males

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  9. Half Orcish females

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Half Orcish males

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Late in posting for this, but for TOEE I play mostly Humans, for the extra feats and skill points. I play a mix of sexes, usually a fighting type who is male and the others female. As others have mentioned, the women have the best voices. I have played all the other races and sexes in previous plays in the game for variety, though come back to humans for reasons I mentioned above.
    In PnP games I play all kinds of classes and races, usually enjoying a multi class cleric/? for the ability to heal myself and still bash away or sneak up on the baddies.

Think I may try a halfling monk/paladin on a 1 character play through and see how that goes. :)

2. kio11

kio11 Established Member

monk paladin T_T never hought about such a good template.

i was obsessed with the idea of a cleric monk a few days ago. faded off as fast as it came. would be amazing in d&d online though

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

In DDO, monk-rogue is okay. Straight cleric is supeior to a combo. Maybe add 1 llevel of monk to paladin or cleric for jump, tumble and fast movement.

4. kio11

kio11 Established Member

yeah. reminds me of my bard/paladin template. worked surprisingly well. couldnt keep it up thought everybody thought i was a girl

5. GuardianAngel82

FYI: The reason this old post keeps reappearing is because people are still voting on it. It's not haunted. :yikes:

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I think a gender confused NPC keeps this thread alive. ;)

7. GuardianAngel82

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Jeneltram.

9. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

For the primary (face) character it is a bard or rogue, pretty evenly split between human or half-elf, male or female. Any combination of the six options is common.

As for the rest, the wizard is 90% of the time an elf , m or f,

Quite often like to run a 1/2 Orc brother sister team, one fighter one cleric.

The balance of party are 90% human m/f even mix.

In a nutshell, in any given game half are male half are female.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Personally I use a human male as the main character named ... sirchet and he has his team of lovely companions whom just happen to be female and HOT!

11. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

My main character is usually human male (paladin, fighter or barbarian) called “Routa”. Actually, I never use characters other than humans, I must be a racist. And no, “Frost” is not correct translation, for once google gets it wrong…

12. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

I play a good mix of Male and Female but it hadn't really occurred to me until it was asked- my Primary / face character, is always Human.

13. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

I blame the Games Workshop. Fifteen years of active gaming with my own Space Marine Legion following the teachings of the Adeptus Astartes have made me utterly xenophobic. “Death to the xenos!” “Bring on the cleansing fire of the Exterminatus!” Or my personal favorite, the words of Dark Angel Interrogator Chaplain Asmodai: “I will save your soul, even if you die in the process”. Lovely isn’t it?

I just finished BG1 for the first time with consistent group for BG2 plot, usually I just let the negroid witch and Khalid to die, but this time I used the group intended. Still I could not keep Mazzy with my group in BG2 just because she was too short. A good archer, but a Halfling, didn’t look good in my team, so I had to replace her with the Samoan ranger, at least he is a human. Bigot, I must be.

Btw. If I would be able to ask a question, I would call for a poll for player’s alignment? I have never played any other alignment but good, who are those that play evil?

14. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

ToEE allows you to play one of 9 party Alignments yet the one that is easiest to play is Neutral Good. It does seem very heavily biased towards Good.

Most of the enemies are Chaotic Evil so a Lawful Good Party seems the way to go, but many players prefer taking a chaotic good character along for the ride just so that they can use the answering swords.

I tried an Evil party once, but I couldn't really play it very well. You can't slaughter Hommlet and you can't really ally with Lareth etc. So what do you do? Playing an Evil party doesn't really work properly.

15. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Dwarven males, actually. In fact, now that I think of it, all my minis are male.
    Dwarves are fascinating to me, because of their bravery, because of their ability to forge things, and because of their "I-don't-have-to-take-any-sh..- from-anyone" attitude.

Our Host!