Do You RP Men or Women?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Feb 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
?

Which race/sex combinations have you played as your primary character?

1. Human females

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Human males

36 vote(s)
    73.5%
  3. Dwarven females

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Dwarven males

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  5. Elven females

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  6. Elven males

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  7. Half Elven females

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  8. Half Elven males

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  9. Half Orcish females

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Half Orcish males

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This is directed at ToEE for my purposes, but it could apply to other RPGs or tabletop or whatever else. It's a multiple choice poll, so vote for all that apply. Also discuss your reasons and motivations if you're so inclined. (e.g. you're a male who's fascinated with lesbian romances, you dig the saucy ToEE female form, you're determined to find a way into Elmo's heart, etc. :p )

There's only 10 options available, so I arbitrarily left out the 'little people' - gnomes and halflings. If you play them, please say so independantly.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'm about 50% on male and female. I guess I feel there needs to be equal numbers.

I usually have elves for mages and rogues and half-orcs for fighters and clerics. I deviate from this about half the time, but only to fulfill a particular need or to experiment. The half-elf male is a bard or rogue in the lead roll for TOEE (particular need).

3. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I played ToEE mostly with a human male paladin named "Sergio" as a primary character and female party members.
    But.
    That was not role-playing.
    I only liked one male portrait of all, and I could not find another one good enough to look at during the whole game.
    (Too lazy for custom packs.)

4. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

In ToEE I played all female parties, with generally a Half Elven or Halfling Bard as the main character. I also liked to have a Halfling or Gnome Rogue in the party. I almost always used a female Dwarven Cleric (but not as the main character), but I really disliked the portraits for female Dwarves.

I don't know that I have ever really rp'd in any game, not even in Second Life (where I am also always female and human). If I ever play(ed) online with other players, I'd get more into rping I think, but except for SL, I've never done that. And in SL with the exception of being a vampire (I do a poor job on that aspect) and using an avatar that doesn't really look like me, I rarely try to be someone I'm not. Or so I think, anyway.

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Half Elf and Human males for me. Usually a Bard mix for enriched dialogue options.

Boring, I know, but comfortable.

These races/sexes just suit my playing type... EXPLORE EVERYTHING.

And yet, there's still so much I've yet to experience from the other side. :love:

6. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

I guess the popularity of the half-orc testifies to the triumph of role-playing over power-gaming.

Though I think of myself as a role-player who like characters with interesting disabilities, I have never used the half-orc. A halfling is worth two of them.

7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I've always played a male character (where permitting) in every computer game that I've ever played.

I always have a male elven rogue as my main character every time that I play ToEE (purely because of third edition D&D's game mechanics. Rogues make the best party leaders (because they get the most skill points, and because Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Sense Motive are all class skills for a rogue), and elves make the best rogues).

I do dig the saucy ToEE female form (they make a welcome distraction from constantly slaying monsters), but I actually am most attracted to the adorable, sexy female voice samples of the female NPCs in the game (especially Meleny, Riana, and Pishella (who I like most in that order (i.e. Meleny the most - what she lacks in physical strength, she more than makes up for in charisma. I was stressing out trying to keep her alive in the early part of the game, but she has blossomed into a very capable character now!)).

8. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

I typically try to identify with a Human Male paladin, but like to include other races - typically dwarven males for fighters, and elf or half elf females as the Magic Users or Rogues so that the party feels like it has diversity. I think my old-school values has thus far prevented me from having females as the fighters, although I'm sure they're equally capable :)

9. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I've played everything, ranging from Human Males, Dwarven fighters, through Gnome Mages to (Half)Elven Females in cRPG's (especially when playing Neverwinter Nights custom modules). When it comes to PnP, I did play a female once, it was kind of fun even if somewhat schizophrenic. :p
    The DM made fun of me so he wanted my character to act as a prostitute in order to get some important plot item for our party (no sex was involved, thankfully). :p
    I rarely play orcs due to their intelligence penalty... I don't like stupid characters...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  10. random1

random1 Member

I'm not into "travesties", so I've always played a male character. Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf. Bummer, I forgot to select Half Orcish as well.
    Never played a Gnome. I really don't like them much, they seem puny and weak :p

11. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

My parties are mostly human females, with one male (for the dialogs and NPC joinings), and usually a full or half-elf for the door sense + other abilities.
    I want the humans for the feats, and females because I like the voices and appearance. There's no game strength penalty or anything.
    I have used dwarves as fighters and clerics, but they didn't seem worthwhile. I used to use halflings as rogues, but they can't use the normal sized weapons nor do normal damage.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I have PCs of both genders, but mainly play a male face character. Never thought about that... :scratchhe:

13. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

I randomly switch my face characters. Both male & female and other races as well.
    But most times I use the human race a lot for the feats.
    The only ones that do not make my party often are gnomes and orcs. Don't know why actually. :shrug:

14. kio11

kio11 Established Member

i like to make a band with female fighters and male mages and thieves
    i cant rp a female usually but i rather see the noble figure of a woman than a man. and honestly since most game makers work indoors they spend much more time and aesthetics on making woman figures so i usually end up selecting them. on a tabletop i would go for a guy though. or a kid.

15. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Usually I like my party leader to be a human male cleric. Clerics are my fave class, so powerful. I guess I just think of humans as superior to the other races, or maybe its those extra skill points and feat :p

Our Host!