Direct to Drive

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Adoniis, Aug 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

I bought the Direct to Drive version of ToEE (shame on me, I know). I didn't know about all the mods, bugs, etc at the time. From all the reading I'm doing I'm going to assume all the problems I'm having is because of this.

I can't add Atari patch 1 or 2 because it doesn't recognize my game. I get a 'Can't locate ToEE,ANY,on your computer' Error. The D2D version is patched up to the third patch, and you guys recommend removing that patch back to 2, but I can't seem to do that.

Any ideas how I can do that?

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Buy the cds from a bargin bin in a shop. :rant:

3. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

1. Make a backup copy of TOEE.exe (in game folder).

2. Open Windows registry editor (start > run... > regedit). Browse to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall
    Create new key, called
    {AD80F06B-0F21-4EEE-934D-BEF0D21E6383}
    Inside it, create new string value, named InstallLocation and modify it with the full path to the game install. Also create new string value, named InstallLanguage and modify it with value 9

3. Run Patch2 setup. It should install the patch.

4. Goto game folder and replace toee.exe with the one you've backed up (keeping the old toee.exe is essential, because it has the copyprotection of downloadable version - upon runtime it decrypts some *.dat files, which are otherwise unusable. TOEE.exe of the CD version and the official patches for it (and the no-CD hacks for those) doesn't have such protection so you can't use them).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  4. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Bah LOL, next time I see it, I probably will. Would rather have CDs anyways, and last time I seen it, it was only $4.99.

Thanks Drifter :notworthy

5. the_arkane

the_arkane chaos

others who downloaded it said just to install patches over download to the 2nd one.
    since you could not. u should probaly uninstall, reinstall download,then apply patchs.
    hope this helps.

6. Deadbuddha

Deadbuddha Member

I downloaded off direct to drive as well.

dont try to install patch 1, 2 or 3.

go to the mod page:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

do steps 3 and 4.
    just overwrite the files. make backups just in case.

i did this and it fixed the loot bug, got the brothel up and seems better overall.

Our Host!