Didn't want to open a new subject, so I will ask here.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Renly, May 18, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Renly

Renly Member

Didn't want to open a new subject, so I will ask here.

On monster mash quest, one of the clerics summoned an elder or greater water elemental, not sure. But it never did any damage to my party. Every time it hit them it would do 0 damage, and when I checked the info box it said that my party member was invulnerable.

Summoned bebilith and fire elemental did normal damage.

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

OK Renly, maybe, your party is a "bunch of clerics". You can provide here the defensive spells that you'd casts before or after engaging those elemental monsters.

Edit:
    I'm assuming that the "other elementals" are hitting there own summoned comrades not really you OK? because, you can't really see well when they are mashed up with your screen they are really BIG you know. :goth:

Its like Djinn doesn't trusts his other summoned comrades so he attacks them with no reason or IIRC they are attacking each other because they have different factions.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  3. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Protection from Evil guards against the Elemental attacks. The result being that they still hit you, but do 0 damage, exactly as you've noted.

It's more or less essential for Monster Mash, and turns it from "Almost impossible" to "really quite easy"

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I think your last tip Philip really should be wrapped with a spoiler tag, don't you think?

Just my opinion mind you.

5. Renly

Renly Member

:thumbsup: Spoiler below.
    Yes, that would be the likely reason. Just read the description of Protection from Evil. That is why bebilith could damage me, but the elemental could not.
    Thank you.

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Hmmm... I never thought of that. I just figured the easiest way was to simply
    off the clerics before they summoned anything.

Our Host!