DH / Hommlet quests

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Basil the Timid, Jun 15, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Nope, not a barbarian. No barbarian ever born knew the proper use of the word "obsfucate" and even if a Conan-style barbarian did know the word, he would never use it in a debate - unless his blade immediately made sure no one would live to tell the tale. :chainsaw:

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I didn't SAY I was a Barbarian. I said it was irrelevant. Actually I'm a sociopath, which explains the looting, pillaging and burning. And the raping...well I'm a Math Instructor. Though, if they sign up for math class voluntarily, is it really rape? (Wait, sign up for math class voluntarily?...HAHAHAHHAHA!) :evil_laug

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

@Ted, I played again and I realize now that you were trying to manage a dialogue outcome that would also suit those who are unfamiliar with Ultima. In my case, the "Where is he? Quickly!" seemed much to tasty to refuse - a choice I regret since one never forgets the first attempt at an epic battle.

Perhaps more emphasis on the alternative, with equivalent urgency would encourage people to choose the "intended" path 'while still maintaining the illusion of choice' (to borrow from Gaear, I think).

After playing it through a third time and examining different alternatives, I'm not sure if I should have suggested the above. Your previous explanation of it being a reference to Ultima allowed me to relax and not worry that I was "missing" something from ToEE. Thus perhaps the thing to consider is how to put at ease those who never played Ultima

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I may have had this answered elsewhere, but does anyone know of a good (read: RELIABLE) site to get the Untilma games. I've definitely missed out on them and they haven't beed added to GameTap yet.

Need a new universe to escape to! :)

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I haven't gotten anything running on my laptop. You need a dos emulator. Try sites with Abandonware in their title, but beware.

Somebody (everybody?) out there should know more than me. :thumbsup:

6. Emirkol the Chaotic

OK, here's anotherr request for the masses...

Anyone know of a good DOS emulator out there? I can't even play the original Master of Orion now. And to think I still have ALL of the original SSI, DnD games on 3.5 disc as well. :(

7. Cetali

Cetali Member

8. Emirkol the Chaotic

Beautiful!! Too bad I;m at work or I'd be downloading like mad!

Wait.... work, computer, website, hmmmm.... Urge to play rising, rising, rising.

9. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Everyone who wants to play Ultima should visit these places. The program here transfers one of Ultima games to another engine and allows better gaming. Or something.

http://exult.sourceforge.net/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/exult/

Ahh, read a quote from readme file:
    "Exult is a project to create an Ultima 7 game engine that runs on modern operating systems, capable of using the data and graphics files that come with the game."

By the way, I had never played any part of Ultima. :(

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Exult is a masterpiece. Download and play it now, Sergio! NOW NOW NOW!!!

Our Host!