Desperate Housewives quest...isn't working.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragoon, Dec 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Alright. I installed the Co8 4.0.0 patch. Now, everything is working great. More items, more quests, more plain ol' fun stuff to do, as advertised. My problem, you may ask?

I found the Desperate Housewives quest. I started it, got the list of ingredients, and everything. I talk to the women to get the special items. I get the proper dialog options and all but...

Part 1) I started the quest for the woman in the inn. Went to the basement. No rat.
    Part 2) I started the quest for the woman in the weaving place. No tennants upstairs to yell at.
    Part 3) I started the quest for the woman in the basement of the church. There's no way to get into the guy's house to get the sugar.
    Part 4) I started the quest for the woman in Nulb. Except, I can't talk to the girl in the brothel without the normal dialog options.

As for the others, I still haven't found the two missing women, or figured out who to talk to about the Crystal Skull, so I don't know if there's a problem with all the items, or just those...can someone please help me?? Yes, I did install the quest with the patch. Yes, I tried exploring Homlett in both Day and Night. Nothing. Not a single thing. :(

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

have you cleared the map cashe?

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

A novel way to get more gold? Robbing a map?

I think he meant the map cache.

4. ShadowDragoon

Uhm...I don't know what that is...>>...

5. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

if you are using front end there is a box you can check that does it for you

6. ShadowDragoon

I have the front-end, but I can't access the game through it. It always comes up with an error. *shrug*

7. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

hmm... what kind of error?

you have .NET 2.0 installed, right?

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

ok go to temple of elemental evil folder then...

modules/Co8-4.0.0/maps

then delete all the files (they all have strange names) in that folder BUT none of the folders in that folder.

oh btw you'll have to start a new game as well.

9. ShadowDragoon

Hell no!! T__T
    I already started my game over once I installed the patch. I'll not do it again, as far in as I am.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well just try deleting the files and see what happens. Bit don't use a save game that was saved on any of those maps (including the Hommlet main map).

11. ShadowDragoon

Well, if I saved inside the Temple, then cleared the cache, would it work okay? Or would I still have to start over?

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That'd work fine.

But not on level 4: clearing the cahce, among other things, will power up the lightening trap box on lvl 4 u have doubtless already heard so much about.

13. ShadowDragoon

Actually, not so much. I've already near-beaten the game with another party, though. (Damn that last battle is tough). But, yeah, it didn't work. Just refused to boot back up. Then, I did a clean install of the game, imported my old characters, and...the game kept crashing two minutes into play, no matter what I was doing. Even starting a new game. So bleh. I ended up starting over anyway. -__-

Our Host!