Deseased Forever

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Oleg Ben Loleg, Mar 7, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

How the Heck do I get rid of a desease(Filth desease I think)? Neither the cleric in the temple not the guy selling medical stuff on the market place have anything about it.

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Time heals all diseases. It may take weeks of game time if your character has a low CON, but Filth Fever will go away on it's own eventually. Or, Remove Disease is a 3rd level Cleric spell, if you have a PC cleric high enough level to cast it.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... I seem to remember some discussions about this previously (something about the Curate refusing to cast Remove Disaese due to the main reason the garrison needed it ;)) I think Flay should have it, certainly.

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

thx for your answers. I'm not yet high enough in level to have the remove desease spell. My Barbarian, besides, who caught the desease has con 17.
    Shiningted do you mean Fail Shikee, the guy offering accomodation in the town? I just tried to get some offer about cure desease from him, doesn't work.
    Nevertheless thanks again for this extensive mod.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  5. erkper

Flay is the Undertaker, a cleric of the Dark Lady who offers a couple of quests. I don't remember any offers of healing from him, though.

6. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

I think if you succeed in making 2 successful succesive rolls for 2 days, you are healed.
    What I can't figure out is how to finish the spider infestation quest. I have cleared the forest, as well as the insect mound (managed to find the exit, too) but still the quest is not finished.

7. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    Did you kill the Spider Queen ?? Also how many spiders did you kill in the forest ? If I remember correctly you need to kill about 12 spiders (including the Queen) before you can report to the Bailiff that the forest is clear. After you have cleared the forest, in order to "complete" the quest, you must report to the Bailiff (you can find him at the Pub in the Evening) that the forest is clear.
    The Royal Canadian

8. Shiningted

Yah, kill the queen, speak to the Bailiff. Check game.global_vars[8] in the console - it should be at least 110 (you get 100 for killing the queen).

9. ioannis76

Thank you guys, I didn't know I had to speak to the Bailiff. I killed the Queen, btw. Rather hard fight, too. :)

10. erkper

Hey Ted,

Out of curiosity, is Healing from Flay something that is not in the Demo (and maybe added in an internal release,) or have I just missed it all along?

11. Shiningted

This is what I am seeing:

Code:
    {500}{How can the Ruby Sorceress heal you, my child?}{How can the Ruby Sorceress heal you, my child?}{}{500}{}{}
    {501}{I have some wounds that need attending.}{}{8}{}{550}{}
    {502}{Can you Neutralize Poison?}{}{8}{}{530}{}
    {503}{Me need ouchies fixed.}{}{-7}{}{550}{}
    {504}{You get rid of poison?}{}{-7}{}{530}{}
    {505}{I need to raise a companion from the dead.}{}{8}{}{510}{}
    {506}{Me need bring back dead guy.}{}{-7}{}{510}{}
    {507}{I seem to have picked up a disease...}{}{8}{}{570}{}
    {508}{Me itchy, me should be more careful...}{}{-7}{}{570}{}
    {509}{F:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    Well whaddya know, he has Cure Disease! Sweet (if it works - it was copied from Terjon's, whose doesn't). I dare say you have to do his quests first.

12. erkper

FYI, I found Flay's healing dialog (who'da thunk you need to ask about his singing to get healed?) and he does offer Remove Disease. It even worked - once. I thought, maybe it's because he only has one memorized and I have to leave, rest, wait a while before it will work again. But it seems I can't get a second remove disease to work, no matter how much I try...

Oh, and I had only completed the Silk Road quest when I got to his healing - Eight Legged Freaks is still accepted and I haven't even heard about the Grimoire yet.

13. Shiningted

Well, yeah, you don't have to do all of his quests - that would be annoying :) But his 'cast once only' thing sounds like a bug, the same bug we were getting with only casting Raise Dead once. I'll check that.

As for the singing, if I am not mistaken, there are only 3 conversation lines:

1) Bye
    2) Quest
    3) Singing

so apparently thats the generic way you continue the conversation :)

14. ioannis76

Hm, I also have a question. I seem to be at odds with Lord Axer (I declined his request) and now I have to fight him if I enter his Thorp. Now, even though I didn't receive a quest to destroy Hexor's temple from the Keep, the quest book blinks when I kill Axer. The problem is that I seem to be unable to get the quest to destroy Hexor's temple (essentially kill Axer) both before and after the deed is done. Is there any way to get the quest? I did it once, but I seem to forget how this was done, in the meantime I have tried every different approach the Keep Temple people, but to no avail.

15. Shiningted

The blinking is you losing rep 19 ('friend of Hextor'?) and gaining rep 22 (no idea what that is, 'enemy of Hextor' probably). Nothing to do with quests.

The quests you can get from the Curate are only for LG parties, if I am not mistake, and can't be completed at this point anyway.

Our Host!