Dealing with: Game too easy/too much experience

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Greymark, Jun 8, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Greymark

Greymark Member

Can the console be used to remove experience in order to manually adjust progression? I have read that the NC does cause a balance issue and would like to adjust prior to leveling if needed. I personally hate when a game gets too easy. I end up quitting.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I do not recall the exact code, but you can manually set the XP number for any character. You can also lower the max level for a game and use that for later playing. I may give that a try, with the old 10 level max when I go to face the slavers and drow. :)

3. chano

chano Established Member

Don't fight all monsters, you do not have to kill very much if you roleplay your way through the game.

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

You could always choose NOT to level up your characters when they have gained enough XP to reach the next character level. That way, you can manually control your party's power and, if you encounter a combat that you find too difficult, you can suddenly level your characters up 1 or 2 levels if needed. Trust me, you will need high level characters to defeat the slave traders without your party getting almost completely wiped out in the process!

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Delaying leveling means they get MORE experience for many encounters. OTOH, once they get enough for the following level, minus 1, they won't get ANY experience.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

You can definitely console to reduce experience.

I believe Cujo has the Stick for "Console Commands" that shows how to do just about anything with the Console, including adjusting experience to whatever number you wish it to be.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

NC only has balancing issues if you try to do BOTH the new content and the old. Stick just to the new content (e.g. if you do Welkwood Bog, don't do Hommlet fedexing, etc.), only dealing with the old stuff as necessary for activation of the new stuff, and the progression will be fairly smooth.

Our Host!