Curious about possibilities

Discussion in 'ToEE Engine Recreation Project' started by darkfeld01, Nov 4, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. darkfeld01

darkfeld01 Ancient Lurker

I'm sure this sort of stuff is a long way out but with the engine being re-done would that make it possible to add additional races and classes to the game?

I assume the barrier of not being able to change the character builder interface to add additional class and race buttons can now be over come.

2. Visceral

Visceral Member

I think instead of opening a new thread, I'll use this one since my comments are in the same "area".

I assume you would be able to do just about anything you wanted to with an engine that's been built from the ground up and has the source available, so the answer to your question would probably be yes.

I'm wondering if perhaps making the project more visible and open to others via something like sourceforge might get others involved and speed the process up some. That's assuming he wants others involved though, so I don't know. Even with all the great progress made, it's hard to imagine it ever really getting done as a one man project. An open source version of the Toee engine would be a pretty nice addition to the RPG world, the engine and ruleset itself is *still* one of the best.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

4. Visceral

Visceral Member

I wish I even remotely had knowledge to contribute to this. :(

5. random1

random1 Member

This work is impressive, but I fail to see the point.
    I mean Co8 has fixed bugs, restored missing content, created NC, and Ted is even making a Total Conversion mod.
    What exactly can you do that you don't already?

Could you use this engine with Arcanum? Could you revive (or what it's left from it) Troika's unfinished PA? (I'm not sure if there are any betas of it).

6. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

I think the point is that this is the greatest turn-based combat engine ever seen, before or since. If you could make that part of the game modular, such that easy-to-use development tools were available for it, then you could craft innumerable, incredible modules. And yes, port it to other games. Can you imagine all the Infinity Engine games converted to the TOEE engine? Anyway, now back to reality.

Our Host!