Cure of Amii help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by younes, May 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Played patch 2 Vanilla for 2 or 3 years before finding Co8. ;)

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

How was it?

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Same here. The poorly translated Russian version, too. :yes:

Was difficult and frustrating as hell, but fun as well. Then I got Co8 only to find out that "Craft Magic Arms and Armour" doesn't cause a consistent CTD anymore! Boy, was I excited :dribble:

4. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

In England and rural Quebec You do get huge churches in the middle of nowhere.
    Some support a large surrounding area. Some where built when the area was more prosperous. In one village of about 800 people there are two churches about 100 yards apart.
    One on either side of a parish boundary. If you are guarenteed 10% of everybody's gross
    over time you are creaming it in.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

No doubt the St.Cuthbert church is very rich and has powerful supporters for both Terjon and Burne. The church in Hommlet is realtively new and Terjon was sent there to be canon when Y'Dey was sent on her spy mission. Terjon is not happy as he had a bigger church before and feels demoted. Never deal with him after clear the moathouse. Calmert pays good prices for stuff, tho. The loot and reward for his artifact pendant isn't that great, but I guess it might be worth it. I just get the moathouse quest then use the console to levelup a few times and go from there.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  6. GuardianAngel82

D&D, turned-based like tabletop and almost 3.5. Essentially a fantasy tactical wargame. But I think what got me was the artwork.

Co8 was mainly the satisfaction of more and slightly different.

7. wizgeorge

Co8 mod 3.0.4 with humble_npc and maxhp is the closet thing to a corrected, bug-fixed vanilla game. Plays well and no added content. I think it should be the standard vanilla original. It's basically original, but without the looting and npc management problems. Probably how the game should have been when first released, except for maxhp.

8. Thorsson

Thorsson Established Member

Why does maxhp make things better?

9. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Less resting.

10. wizgeorge

The idea for maxhp is the random number generator ToEE uses is known to be very unkind with hp at levelup time. The difference is a 10th level fighter with a good constitution would have 100+hp vs a whole lot less otherwise. The higher the hp the more damage you can endure and stay in a fight longer. You'll win fights that you might otherwise lose.

11. GuardianAngel82

You know? If we can do max hp. We could probably do half hp (+ pluses). A 10 would be 5, 8 would be 4, and so forth.

I wonder if Thorsson was referring to max NPC hit points.

12. GuardianAngel82

Is this thread drifting? No wonder we can't find old posts. ;)

13. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Amii is an exciting topic. There's a minimum of at least 4 more pages coming about her and her little quirks/defects of character.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Amii's problem was not enough HP. Hence the subtle divergence in the thread.

I find you just plain need max HP to level this out: if I get a 1 on a level-up (and forget to reload ;)) then I use max the next couple of times.

Personally I tihnk D&D should be totally different in this regard. Rather than 1-8, 1-12, 1-20, I would far prefer to see d4+4, d6+6, d12+8 etc. Rolling a 1 on a hit die, or a CLW in combat, or whatever, is just craptacular, and I wouldn't wish it on the monsters either (and decent monsters / NPCs who have set HP in hit points in modules never do anyway - they are always above the curve).

Just my $0.02.

15. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

As long as the monsters get max hp or double max, that's perfect. They're too wimpy as it is, even with a 25 point buy giving each character 4 14's and 2 8's.

Our Host!