Cujo's Mod

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've been loosing my marbles, and tearing my hair out trying to get Agetians frontend 3 to load your mods cujo, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and patches, and built the modules for frontend 3 about 6 times in total, Thought I was going mad. any time I tried to start a new game it would CTD after alignment selection. Finally I found the problem, THAT BLOODY GIANT! I removed the giant pc - no more ctd's.

2. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

Yeah I have no clue how to do it either, but i am ok with the normal amount of attacks with multishot, especially if you make all of them 5d12 like your missile

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

thats why I went for a spell, it was closer to what I was after than anything else. I might play around with it a little more to make it more like ranged weapons...

4. Heavydan85

If you put a dagger in the off-hand it give you an extra attack with the gun instead of the dagger so with mulitshot your up to 4 attacks

Edit: actually on closer inspection, it gives you a ranged attack with the daggers damage...not so good, my bad

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thats probably why slings are two-handed.

6. devil of all rumors

devil of all rumors Member

Can some one tell my how to edit weopens

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Download Phalzyr's Proto-Ed, then edit the protos.tab.

If you do this, it will answer your next ten questions too. Seriously. Proto-Ed is not hard to find, its in here if you look.

8. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I've got the protos editor and the tutorials and haven't had much success. Somethings work and some don't. Changing stats, level, class seem to work. I tried to change Fruella to chaotic_good, CTD. I tried Lodriss also, CTD. I've tried several times and different spelling, CTD. Using the console to get alignment doesn't work. Are npc alignments hardcoded and can't be changed?
    I gave Scather to Lodriss but when she attacks she just runs away off to the side and the turn ends. She is lawful evil so that might be it. Very interesting!

9. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

very strange... i changed the troll chief to chaotic neutral, and that worked... i wonder what works and what doesn't in regards to alignment change.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I think that some NPCs HAVE to be that alignment for the game and others don't in ToEE it doesn't really matter, apart from Frag' etc, but you can always make a sword thats similar...

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I've saved all my protos and.dlg changes and I'm going to start a new game soon. I'm going to experiment and see what changes and what doesn't. It appears that the protos are set and game events have no effect. The Fruella marriage and conversion to St. Cuthberth doesn't do anything. She remains true neutral in protos and if you change it-CTD. Those protos files are touchy.

12. Heavydan85

What programs did you use to make your weapons other than the protos editor? and how do you add an icon/model to the protos(not the column I know that but add made icons and things(like your gun and darrk blade) to the list)?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  13. Heavydan85

i was checking out darkblade and it is listed as a greatsword but only does bastard sword damage(1d10) instead of greatsword damage(2d6). Was this done on purpose?

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

go and change it, the darkblade damage was an accident, I changed it from a bastard sword to a great sword after I added it and must'v forgotten to change that bit :blush:

to make the weapons I only used the protos editor.

to add the Icons go to data/art/interface/inventory in there is the inventory.mes its got all the numbers to attach to the pictures. if you've found the inventory icon colum in the protos just have a look at the icon number for the gun and how its entered in the inventory.mes and you'll see how it works.

btw I made the dark blade just like toshi made the katana, I cheated, there were only 1 file with the darkblade info missing, the protos.tab.

15. Heavydan85

Ok Thanx. I was thinking about making a wakisashi and tanto to go with the katana. and maybe a few other weapons.

Our Host!