CTD upon entering Nulb.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ashery, May 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

is the patch info, located at

Co8 v7.2.1 Patch\modules\ToEE\maps\Map-9-Nulb-Exterior

in your,
    \modules\ToEE\maps\Map-9-Nulb-Exterior ?

the stuff in the \Map-9-Nulb-Exterior from the patch needs to replace what is in your non-patched version.

2. dunkelzahnen

dunkelzahnen Member

When I extracted the rar data to a temp folder/directory two folders are available:
    ..\data\scr\py00334generic_spawner.py
    and
    ..\modules\ToEE\maps\Map-9-Nulb-Exterior\
    The second folder should contain 203 objects (various file types).

You have two options:
    The best: Gaear's method of just extracting the patch data to your TOEE directory
    OR
    Manually copy the .py file to your working TOEE directory something like C:\Games\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\scr and paste the py file there and then copy the 203 files to a path like C:\Games\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\maps\Map-9-Nulb-Exterior. Choose option to replace.
    I like to make backups of originals in case I want to quickly revert so I typically use the manual method.

If I am wrong with the file totals please alert, that is what I currently see in the RAR file I downloaded from the link in this thread.

Cheers

3. Nulb Crash Bug

Nulb Crash Bug Member

i tried the patch and it killed my game faster.

i.e. before the CTD occurred when trying to enter Nulb. After the patch, it would CTD whether i was going to Nulb or not.

Nulb is worse than Beregost in Baldurs Gate.

i wonder how many times people wondering about that got told it was the installation instructions to blame because it couldn't be replicated.
    :bored:

4. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Gaear
    I had a CTD upon arriving in Nulb. Here is my "Path to Nulb" if it makes any difference.
    Keep in mind that I am running 7.2NC
    1.) Do as many FedEx quests in Hommlet as possible.
    2.) Recruit Spugnoir, Meleny and Elmo (in that order) and clear the Moathouse.
    3.) Clear Emridy Meadow
    4.) Report to Terjon that I have found his artifact.
    5.) Report to Terjon that the Moathouse is clear, ask if he will be returning to Willip.
    6.) When Terjon mentions Nulb, take the "Travel there right now" option.
    7.) I didn't have any Random Encounters along the way. Upon arriving in Nulb, when I tried to walk across the bridge, the game crashed.

I reloaded the same save, and was able to travel to Nulb and complete several quests (Mona's Crystal Ball, Catch a thief and Grud's Fish Story) by selecting a different dialogue option when talking to Terjon about Nulb and then manually selecting the World Map to travel to Nulb.

The Royal Canadian

5. mark hill

mark hill Member

same thing .. using 7.2, CTD Nulb Bridge .. found this, am trying patch

ok, seems fixed :) (touch wood lol)

BTW, Im in a new game, 7.2.0 NC for the first time, and dammit isnt it suddenly hard to walk around Nulb or Hommlet? Possibly cause you removed pathnodes, or possibly cause you have these "unactivated" placed objects all over for WotGS .. its a small inconvenience, you just hafta make small moves suddenly, not big "move party across the map" moves .. anyway, I can cope for the sake of playing stuff Ive never seen of COURSE lol .. just a heads up, hope future versions can or will be smoother :)

Ahah!! after the Nulb patch, walking around Nulb suddenly much easier

maybe do for Hommlet whatever you did for Nulb with the patch? assuming theyre related, the syptoms are the same (small moves only, not the CTD thing)

6. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

How did you manage to nobble you Co8 account Mark? I was trying to work out how you managed to remember your password with 4 posts since 2004 and then noticed your #posts was not incrementing!

7. ChanHang

ChanHang Member

I had this too. Sadly reinstalled before finding this. Lost my saved games because.....

Does the front end backup from the default location? I have GOG version and my backup files are empty.

Oh well just have to start again. Might even know what I'm doing this time around.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The path nodes for the entire party moving long distances have been removed.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Did you try out the fix up the thread, TRC? Should work. :)

@Nulb Crash Bug, there is nothing in the patch that could adversely affect your game.

10. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Gaear
    I confess I have not tried the patch. I probably will at some point, but for now I will
    continue with the playthrough as is. As I said I only had the issue when I went to Nulb straight from a Dialogue option. Otherwise everything seems fine.
    The Royal Canadian

11. mark hill

mark hill Member

lol Pygmy .. after trying the 2 or 3 passwords I usually use I found my CO8 password was none of these, and I had no effin idea what it was so I reset .. I dont come here often, every coupla years to see if theres a significant new c08 patch for TOEE .. there usually is :) thank Athena

oh did you mean my post count? no idea, dont even know where I could check that .. under my post name it seems ok

Canadian, whack that patch in it takes 5 seconds, and Nulb is heaps easier to navigate in general, saving you valuable minits of playtime :)

before the patch I also used the signpost to get into Nulb .. but had the same CTD one time exiting my "purchased house" in Nulb .. you kinda need it

you dont hafta start yr game again after this tiny patch, my saves are ok

12. Miraculix

Miraculix Member

IT works!! great work guys :)
    You get a big like from Norway :)

13. Orcshein

Orcshein Member

OH MY GOD, the headache I had yesterday about this!

You solved another issue. You're like a saint of ToEE. Your name should be on the CD cover!

14. Mrmop

Mrmop Member

I Put the rar file in a zip-folder and extracted it to my ToEE file with front-end open but the patch only seemed to work for a short period of time. Did I do something wrong? It used to sometimes just let me into Nulb and then crash, but now it just CTD'S right when i reach Nulb on the miny map.

P.S I though the patch worked, because it let me in and i saw the npc lady walking past the bridge, but the next time i tried to go back to nulb it will always crash now.

Please help me! I'm already pretty far into the game I have the hill giant in my party.

15. Nixamus

Nixamus Member

Thank you! I DLed the modpack a few days ago and was having the best ToEE game ever. The I got to Nulb. Was just about to tear my hair out since I couldn't cross the bridge.

Again, thank you for saving my hair!

Our Host!