*Cries* Crash As Balor Dies

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by [GSF]BANG, Aug 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. TOEE_Junkie

TOEE_Junkie Member

2 questions:

Who is Frank?

And...

Why can't I use the Exit or pick up the gem for the skull after the Balor dies?

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Frank is a character from the desperate housewives quest/mod.

As to your second question, I do not know sadly. More data might be good so that those who are able to diagnose such things are able to help :)

3. TOEE_Junkie

TOEE_Junkie Member

OK I checked the "Send Error Report to MICROSHAFT" And it says I am getting an error in the temple.dll file when it CTD.

Any suggestions?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just one... learn assembly code, open temple.dll and fix the error for us :D

5. TOEE_Junkie

TOEE_Junkie Member

Is this a good place to start to learn Assembly Language?

And what program does one use to open such a thing?

6. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

An interesting thought: while I was poking around in the protos, I noticed that there is an item particle system effect for the balor vorpal sword which seems to be miswritten. It reads ef-Balor Sword, while the other item particle system effect, on the flaming greataxe, has single quotes, 'ef-Flaming Axe'.

It also has listed as bonus Weapon Flame Tongue, which perhaps should be Weapon Flaming.

Could either of these perhaps be the cause of the crash?

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Best guess we've had so far!

"Hand me my six-guns, and that Balor over there... its gonna get bloody..."

For those who remember me pointing out there are a number of animations involved (Balor, fire, glowing eyes etc) no reason it couldn't be any of them, including the sword ones.

EDIT: Missed much of this thread somehow. Having Frank there might help (or another Balor) since the animations would in some sense remain on the screen. But I dare say making him invisible and unobtrusive would negate that, and having him standing in the corner watching would of course be silly ;) Also that was a one-off experience I had, where him being there stopped a CTD - can't claim it was a guaranteed work-around.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  8. ajscott

ajscott Member

I was having the same problem. I turned off Norton, had my character change weapons from Scather to another for two rounds and then changed back. That solved the CTD problem.

Our Host!