Craftman

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by axelld, Feb 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. axelld

axelld Member

One idea,

I think it would be good to create NPC that sell masterwork items and that has ability to craft magical weapon/armor, by high price. So by that we don’t need any party member to do it. And one more thing If that specific NPC is able to create any possible effect on weapon/armor we wouldn’t have a problem with crafting anymore.
    What do u think ?

2. TimSmith

TimSmith Established Member

Well, that is the idea in the 3.0 & 3.5 setting. You should be able to buy these things "ready made" and you then don't have to make crafting a necessity for your magic wielding characters. So if possible to be modded in, that would work really well. However, the items won't cost any XP but they WILL cost double the monetary cost. (So I hope you have plenty of cash :sphappy: )

3. T-Dragonus

T-Dragonus Member

The problem with that is, if a NPC can readily make any additional weapon you could desire, it just would'nt be a challenge.

Another thing is, exp and gold create a balance. If you have enough of one, yet not the other, you are still not allowed to create the item. Finding gold can be easy, whereas getting high amounts of exp requires killing monsters -- at who knows what level.

My point is, it's set up now so that in order to get such wonderful items, they truly must be earned.

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

no, its set up this way because its just one more thing thats in the core dnd rules but was never implemented into ToEE

Our Host!