crafting

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

The greataxe has 2 more damage then the glaive but is there a tradeoff here? Does the glaive have a further reach and different or better damage type?

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

The glaive and greataxe both do slashing damage. The glaive is a reach weapon, the greataxe is not.

3. Templar

many thanks erkper, I appreciate your response.

I wish there was a way of knowing before you buy, but ask and learn.

4. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

5. Roller1234

Roller1234 Member

I am recalling this being true in vanilla ToEE(or even +1 Holy being the max), and it does sound very balanced too. But is it still the case in ToEE+Co8? If i were to create a "Longsword +3 Holy Flaming Frost Shock Keen"(EEL 9) would it be because:
    -the game allows me to
    -the Co8 patch allows me to
    -the rules allow me to

6. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

3.5 Edition rules let you have a maximum of +10 effective enchantment on any particular weapon. Of course, in pen and paper, you can get up to +5 as an enhancement, so that gives you less room for special abilities.

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

You can have at least 4 enhancements after +3. I don't think you can mix flaming and frost on the same weapon tho and the burst effect should match. Not sure, but I think holy and mightycleaving is high level cleric and holy LawfulGood. Cleric seems to be the best bet for crafting, but I need to check into what the high level wizards can do. Think I'll console them up and see what's up.

8. Templar

You're the one who gave me the idea for a cleric with cleavers. So maybe you might offer some suggestions.

Originally I was going to make everyone +3 axiomatic, holy triple burst weapons. But since there is a limit, including no frosty flames I'm looking to revamp my plans.

long sword: holy, axiomatic, flaming, shocking, mighty cleaving

glaive - same but maybe frost and shock

cleavers (on a cleric): holy, axiomatic, mighty cleaving, frost, shock
    cleaver two: ? ? ?

If you might be able to advise me :) thanks.

9. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I thought I'd been able to craft Frost and Flaming on the same weapon before - but if you can't, Frost is much better in ToEE because of the way the game handles demons' immunities. Many of the high-level opponents in ToEE will resist Fire damage, but almost none of them resist Cold.

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I have been able to make a Keen Longsword +3 flaming flaming burst frost frost burst shock holy axiomatic in TOEE before. I'm not sure if the elemental bonuses stack, but the game definitely does not stop you from crafting them all on the weapon.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Okay, 20th level wizard, no holy, axiomatic, or mightycleaving and keen.
    20th level cleric, no frost or icyburst. Cleaver+3,holy,flaming/flamingburst/mightycleaving. 96000gp and 7680xp. Almost 200,000gp and 15000xp for dual cleavers. Very expensive. The console is a wonderful thing.

12. Templar

I feel a bit bad about using the console for it, but its so over priced :) And I don't at all like loosing experience so I'll have to for the experience part anyway. I may just make one Cleaver+3,holy,flaming/flamingburst/mightycleaving. I'm guessing no axiomatic cause your wizard had it? Oh and wouldn't icyburst and ice be better? I heard less are resistant to it.

I'm thinking of just one cleaver to, unless the cleric hits that well duel weilding them. (plus the cost)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  13. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    Unless you are planning on fighting Iuz, you don't need to go overboard with the crafting. Last night I (finally) finished off Zuggtmoy. My party (all 13th Level) consisted of Melany, Elmo, a Half-Orc Fighter using the Twisted Chains of Love crafted to +3 with Shocking Burst and Icy Burst; a Human Cleric with a +3 Holy, Shocking Burst, Icy Burst Longsword; a Human Ranger (archer) with a +3 Holy Shocking Burst, Icy Burst Composite Longbow, a Human Wizard, and an Elf Rogue/Wizard with a Longbow of Frost crafted to +2 and Holy. I should mention that Elmo had a Battleaxe that was crafted to +3, Holy, Shocking Burst, Holy Burst.
    TRC

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

By the end of the game, there is more than enough money or XP to do that. Just slowly upgrade the cleavers every now and then, and the price does not look that high anymore.

15. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I can see that the next run-through for me is going to be a very different experience.

I had no idea.

Our Host!