crafting

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Name of the item. Everything you do gets appended on to the end of the existing name, making it very long. This seems to cause a crash. :shrug:

2. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Actually, my game crashes everytime i try to craft anything. as soon as the dial menu is pressed (for scribe scrolls or make anything) = Crash

i get an error that says, blah blah blah, your computer crashed, would you like to email the data to Micro soft!

Should i try to debug it? if so how?

3. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

I would always erase the "Masterwork" part of the name.

My issue was that the game would CTD when I selected "Craft MA&A". 5.5.0 arrived before I went any deeper.

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I've got an experiment going with 2 clerics, 16th level, 1 CG and the other LG. The LG can do holy and axiomatic and the CG can't. The CG has Pelor and strength and sun domains. The LG has law and good domains. So now, Fruella has 2 cleavers at +3/holy/flaming/flamingburst/mightycleaving. Shortened it to cleaver or you get a ctd. Well over 100+ points of damage on a critical hit. Who needs Scather/Fragarach? Two criticals with each cleaver is over 200 points of damage. Iuz will probably kill her, but she might get a few hits in before she goes. We'll see.

5. GuardianAngel82

Now THAT'S the kind of talk I like to hear! :thumbsup:

Maybe we can get him to MARRY her! :twisted:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Never got a chance to fight Iuz, he was busy killing the fire elementals and it timed out and St.Cuthbert showed-up.
    Nah on the marriage thing. My cleric, her name is Boobs, you'd know why if you saw her portrait. Not on this site anyway. One of the best pics i've seen on the fantasy art sites. Talk about good looking. Long blonde hair and great smile. Too bad my hard drive crashed and I lost all my favorites. One of the sites Half-knight posted sometime ago, but I can't remember the name. Oh well.

7. GuardianAngel82

Marry Fruella, not Boobs.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sounds like it melted ;)

Try NoMo.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

BTW, in 5.0.6, I noticed that the name length and/or window size was the only real restriction to weapon level. Assuming I'd like to waste lots of XP/money, I could make a wpn with pretty much "everything on it". Like a cheesesteak =) Has this been solved in 5.5.0?

10. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

In reference to crafting the Robe of the Archmagi (white), what does @-2 Alignment: good mean? I know what the alignment: good means, but can't get close to determining what the @-2 is all about.

Thanks.

11. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I believe it bestows 2 negative levels on non good wearers.

12. Templar

Templar Established Member

how do I make robe of the Archmagi?

13. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

You need to have the feat 'Craft Wonderous Item' and it takes a lvl 14 character, among other things.

14. Templar

lvl 14 shouldn't be a problem, but I wonder what the other requirments are.

15. Templar

I've been thinking of what you said with the cleavers, I checked them out and they look good. Base 1-10 with 17-20 critical, only fallback seems on the range, you need to be right ontop of the person.

So I got 2 warriors upfront on my party weilding longsword and the other a glaive. I'm planning a druid/fighter in the back with either a spiked chain good for range or maybe dueling cleavers. Anyone have a weapon suggestion?

Also looking at a Scythe similar properties to spiked but I don't know if the range is as good. The greataxe has 1d12 good damage x3 critical, I think spiked chain is 2d4 but x4 on critical.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
Our Host!