Crafting itens

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Messiah, May 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

And a mage can do it with her bare fist.

But watch out for those multiple long-reach troll AoO's. They will put you on your face FAST!

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Yeah, I like to get them all prone, sometimes seeing how much subduel damage I can do to one, then CDG them all at once. I like to think I cut their heads off.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Coup de Grace is great! You can use it on suckers who get Held or otherwise incapacitated: in my last run-through it was how I beat both the assassin and Smigmal.

Note that some of the monsters (particularly Co8 additions, like in the Tower fight) are set-up to do the same thing to you: one person ties you up with a spell and someone closer finishes you off.

4. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

My first time through the game i did the same thing - then found the cdg option :)

I think its more of a hangover from playing too much baldur's gate (must keep fire/acid spell ready, just in case)

5. GuardianAngel82

Yeah, I brought that idea over from Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, too. I'll still back off from a group of downed trolls and fireball them, then send in a wimp to CDG the leftovers. ;)

6. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I knew of CDG before and used it quite effectively, just never on Trolls.

I was still of the old school PnP and later BG, IWD thinking when it came down to finishing off trolls. Nice to know I wasn't alone. :roll:

7. GuardianAngel82

On a whim, tried cdg on a troll in vanilla. It worked. After that, I stopped avoiding multiple troll encounters. :thumbsup:

8. oudeis

oudeis Member

Dude, I go looking for multiple Troll encounters in the mid-levels they give so much experience. Once your arcane caster gets Web they are history: make certain everyone in your party has Longspears, Glaives, and/or missile weapons to stay out of reach, give Lareth's Ring of Free Action to someone with Spring Attack, and it's all over except the dyin'.

By the way, has anyone ever tried creating a Ring of False Life, a la DDO? Would that be always on, like a Ring of Protection, or would it have to be activated?

Last edited: May 24, 2009
Our Host!