Craft arms and armor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Haelis, Oct 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Haelis

Haelis Member

First of all, hello to you all and thank you for the time spent making TOEE work.
    My problem seems small and I wonder if it is just be being too stupid:

My 6th level wizard can craft Magic weapons or armors but for some odd reason cannot craft weapons (armor she can) with special abilities. I have the fireball and keen edge spells memorized and I even have scrolls (in case that was the problem).

I have been able to craft wondruous items, scrolls, potions, wans, magic weapons (+1, +2) and armor (+1, +2, +3) but not flaming or keen....

This sounds stupid but I have tried everything I could think of :sadblinky

Any help is very appreciated...(I want a flaming keen rapier) :)

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

ToEE incorrectly requires characters to be a certain level before they can add special abilities to weapons and armor. Flaming, for example, requires the caster to be 10th level, in addition to knowing Fireball.

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've been giving Spellslinger a hard time over the last few day's in the IRC room, the result of which is that the multitude of hardcoded crafting bugs have been squashed :dance: , burst effects are all fixed, the armour/shield crafting bug (where you can munchkin your +1 items to +3 just by renaming it) and the spell resistance (13) crafting options now work perfectly. Kudos to Spellslinger for all the excellent work he's been doing (with a little too much prompting from me ;)).

5. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

SRD reads to me like that would be correct. Flaming is listed with CL 10 as requirement for crafting.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yep, reads that way to me too, additionally +1 weapons should require the caster to be 3rd level (moot point as you can only get the feat at 5th level), +2 requires 6th level and +3 requires 9th level (or higher, depending on extra enhancement bonuses, like extra damage dice etc...)

Currently ToEE has no requirements for crafters be a certain level to craft +1 to +3 weapons, the only requirements are enough gold and spare XP to craft it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  7. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

woah, hold the phone; you can rename items when you're 'crafting' them?

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

The CL is not a requirement. It's simply the CL for randomly found treasure (so the DM can adjucate the effects of Dispel Magic and the like.) Look at the format:

The CL is separate from the requirements by a semicolon, just as the magical aura and the price are. All components of crafting it are separated by commas. Also, the FAQ addresses this issue and states the Caster Level is not a requirement.

Magical plusses (+1, +2...+5) are caster level dependant to the tune of 1 plus for every 3 caster levels. So you need to be a 15th level caster to craft a +5 sword. However, items that have a plus "cost" are not so restricted and simply apply against the maximum of +10 allowed on the weapon and increase the price of adding further enhancements accordingly.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Yes, it is true.

10. grinner666

grinner666 Member

How? Just curious. I don't play the "cheat - to - win, cheat - to - win" game. :grin:

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The name of what is being crafted or enhanced is in a text field when using crafting. Think about it.

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Grinner - Stop spamming/trolling, please.

13. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

I didn't know you could edit that... [mental note: rename all my crafted items]

14. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

WHat makes you think he's trolling?

15. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Some of the things he says in a couple of his posts. Just asking him to chill a bit where it seems so, that's all.

Edit: Like this: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4037

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
Our Host!