Couple of Bugs and other irritations in 7.1 (one a minor irritation)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Mar 13, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

1) Mass Spells and the like ie those that target large numbers don't work unless you have the exact number of targets. This makes things like weird and Mass Cure spells almost useless as you rarely (if ever have enough targets this is especially true for positive party boosting spells)
    2) Butcher of Homlet rep seems to appear for no reason. I defeated the slavers (without losing a child) and in addition to the rep from that suddenly became the B of H did I miss something?
    3) The Blacksmith Dwarf at the end of WotGS hasn't appeared even tho I was told he would be at the Inn.
    4) Getting to the labourers' camp is almost impossible without crashing the game
    5) Elmo's excessive love of chickens! I lost Elmo now a Lvl 17 fighter with lots of powerful items because I accidentally killed a chicken during the WoGS this seems a little excessive perhaps a arrangement where one could pay off the farmer for the loss of his flock? (this is the minor grumble)
    also (tho this worked to my advantage so I'm not really complaining) the Devils and the Hextorites seem to fight each other more than they fight me!

Have i done something wrong or are these problems other people have noticed?

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

1) Have you tried using the spacebar to terminate targetting spells once you have selected everyone that you want to? That's what I do with Haste and those types of spells. (IIRC)

2) and 5) I would guess B of H rep came from the same source as Elmo leaving, and if it was due to killing a chicken, that's just plain funny.

3) Not sure about this one, check the New Content WotGS sticky thread as it has been brought up by others.

4) Sounds like Jerkstop, for which no real solution exists, though they are working on possible fixes. A commonly reported work-around is to duck into any building you can on your way from point to point.

5) The Hextorites/Devils have been reported, Gaear identified the problem there and a fix is upcoming.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

1) You can execute a spell that manually targets multiple targets (without selecting the maximum possible number of targets) by left-clicking on the green disc icon above the spellcaster's portrait at the bottom left of the screen.

2) Did you have a conversation with the slavers before you fought them? If you just attack the slavers without talking with them first, then you are considered the murderer of the child slaves' rescuers.

3) This is a known bug with 7.1.0 NC only.

5) The devils fighting the hextorites during the WotGS is a known bug with 7.1.0 NC only.

EDIT: I got ninja'd by erkper ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  4. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

Thank you for the tip re the green dot. I knew there must be a way around it. Have just tested by picking a fight in the Waterside Inn and killing with the Weird spell :)

The Bof H rep came before Elmo left he doesn't seem to have a problem unless I get attacked by the Badgers but kill one chicken...

Pleased that the Dwarf isn't just me (misery loves company!)

5. scandal

scandal Member

Here's one - the ladder down to the lower levels of the moathouse wot work for me anymore. The hand appears so I can slide the door back to reveal the ladder, but it wont let me travel to that lower level. As a workaround, does anyone have the grid coordinates?

6. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

i think this is an old problem. if you leave and renter or reload the game or do a search check it will show up. one of those works. also you can use the other way to enter the lower levels if that fails.

7. scandal

scandal Member

I can't use the other way because I hadnt gone down there once yet - is there a way to access the other entrance? Reloading doesnt work, starting the game up after closing out doesnt work - I have to trace back *several* saved games to find one where the blue ladder icon shows up (searching doesn't work either)

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

The (secret) ladder that takes you to the ghouls in the Moathouse isn't necessary. You can go down the stairway by Lubash the ogre and you'll be able to get to everywhere (it doesn't really take you to a new level.) It is disturbing that you can't access the hidden passage though, that could cause problems with the Temple when you get to level 4 and want to find the Golden Skull.

Are you still able to use the secret door from the back side of the Moathouse to the bandit room?

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Do you by any chance have a companion/NPC selected?

If you have the entire group selected and a companion/NPC is the closest to the ladder it will not work, neither will a door as a matter of fact.

If all else fails, select one rolled up character and try using the ladder.

10. scandal

scandal Member

There's simply no blue ladder for me to select. I didn't use it the first time I saw it, which after reading up on the issue it seems like its the secret door bug - but the other secret ladder near the bandits *is* showing up. Its still early in the game, so I'll probably just delete and start over.

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I hate that bug. At least you can detect it early on. ;)

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I'm not 100% sure it's a bug. Sometimes, it might be a symptom of the Secret Doors bug. Other times, you can detect other secret doors just fine - there are a few others in Moathouse to test this on. In the latter case, it'll appear when you use its bottom counterpart. This does sort of force you to go the long way, but I see no reason not to anyway ;)

13. scandal

scandal Member

Ok, here's another one - all of a sudden my lvl 6 monk with flurry of blows ON is only attacking once. Thoughts?

The thought is I'm an idiot. Somehow a brown armor got pt on him, and I just didnt see it.

Our Host!