Consoling feats

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spider Dwarf, Apr 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Does anyone know how to console command feats to a character. Specifically I want to give shield profiency to my thief? And just what is the code number for shield profiency? I believe that it is feat 278 from feats.mes but don't quote me on this. I'm comfortable with keying things into cosole command but not with messing with the various ToEE files. Yet!

[Edit: Feats.MES is an interesting file. The first section is the actual feat itself and can be either a two or three number digit. The format is left curly bracket { — a two or three digit numberright curly bracket }followed by left curly bracket { — name of featright curly bracket}. The line for shield profiency reads: {278} {Shield Profiency}.

The second section starts with a double front slash HTN followed by a brief note about the section. This 2nd section contains a description of the feats in the first section. Each feat's description is preceeded by the number 5 (e.g. Shield Profiency is feat #278 and its description is #52780. Thus this lines reads: {5278} Shield Proficiency {You are proficient with bucklers, small shields, and large shields. You no longer take the shield's AC penalty on attack rolls and on all skill checks that involve moving.}

The third section, again using the double slash and HTN - description information format to start it, contains the prerequisites for that feat. The line for each feat is the number 10 and the feat number. Thus the line for our shield profeiency reads: {10278} Shield Proficiency {}. The trailing empty curly brackets would contain the prerequisite feat if this feat was an upgrade to an earlier feat. It would contain the name from the first section of the feat that was being upgraded.

So, theoretically, if we have an encounter in the kitchen of the inn in Hommlet whereby a scullery maid was meant to attack our first level character (don't ask) we could create a feat in the various open slots for Weapon Finesse (347-416) and create a "{347} {Weapon Finesse {Steak Knife}}" entry. We could then in the second and third sections further describe this feat. It is likely that somewhere in the mechanics of the game we could then create a steak knife based on halving a dagger.

The make-up of the Feats.MES file is interesting.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No. Changing or adding feats by script is one of the last great modding frontiers.

Our Host!