Console commands, NPC stats, etc (help)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Adoniis, Aug 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Ok I have two questions I can't find answers to. :help:

First, is it possible (through a mod, add-on, or what-not) to make NPCs stats, class and what-not visable like my characters are? I'm not sure the reasoning behind hiding that info, but it's a pain not knowing (at least to me).

My second is console commands. I can't get any console commands to work except the "Give" command (i.e.-game.party[x].stat_base_set(CHAOTIC GOOD) )

I've tried numerous times for different things from trying to see/change NPC stats, to trying to change my own alignment. Am I mistyping something? Or do I need to add a line to an .ini folder like alot of games require?

Thanks in advance for your time.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

The console command you listed is definitely not going to work. I'm not sure there is a command to adjust alignment, anyway. Some commands "work", but don't actually change anything. Here are some things you can change, for NPCs and PCs alike: hp max, ability scores, experience. The relevant commands for these are:

game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_hp_max,Y)

game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_strength,Y)

game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_experience,Y)

Replace the X in these lines with the number of your party member's position in your party minus 1. That is, X = 0 for your first guy, 1 for your second, etc.
    Replace Y with the value of the stat, ability, etc. For hp, this is the max BEFORE adding any con modifications.

There's a command for just adjusting experience by adding some amount, but I just use this one, so I just have to remember the basic formula. Also, there's a money getting command:

game.party[0].money_adj (Y)

Make Y the amount of money (in copper pieces) you'd like to get. You won't get only copper, but the numerical value of what you get is read in copper.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The inventory/menu screen only shows the npc ability scores at level-up at level 4 and 8. The ability scores are in the protos files and you can set them all from there. To know a certain npc's scores you either wait to level 4 or go to protos. I.m not sure what kind of work is needed to make them visible all the time. It maybe a hardcoded thing. Sorcerers Place has a listing with the scores. Just download it and print a copy. If you know a certain npc you want to use, just set the scores in protos and then you know what you've got.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You can also figure out roughly what an NPCs stats are by looking at the bonuses they get in skills, BAB and saves and comparing it to the chart for ability score bonuses.

Sometimes to get console commands to work (especially if you just started playing the game) you need to first type "from utilities import *" (without the quotes) in the console and hit enter.

5. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Thanks guys/gals those suggestions helped alot :doublethu

Our Host!