console command question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by HeJason, Oct 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Are there any console commands to edit the current hit points, or to kill a NPC in your group. I have a familiar I cant get rid of and, game.party[0].follower_remove( game.party[X+1]) does not work, although it does work to remove my other NPCs.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

If you don't want any familiar you can perfectly legally dismiss it using the radial menu as far as I can remember - or you can send it out to fight an ogre chieftain.....

3. Caelen

Caelen Member

wait... familiars can be used in combat? O_O

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Yeah they can, don't expect them to be of much help though unless you glitch yourself some uber familiars.

5. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I cant talk to the familiar to get him to go back in my pack, and he can be targeted in combat. The electric box in the 4th level dungeon doesnt even hurt him. That why I am asking if there is anyway in the console do force him dead, as his portrait is still there.

6. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

You can try this:

Load a game or start a new one. Then, press [Shift] +~ during game play to display the console window.
    Effect Code
    Take first character in the party's health down to -1 die

Just click on the portrait of the character you want dead and type "die" it will drain them down to -10hps then click on the small red spot on the portrait to dismiss them.

It wants to work on the first portrait so be careful. You can always blast the famaliar with some magic missles to get it to -10 and then dismiss it.

I never take my famaliar out of my pack. I only use them for the bonuses but I know some people use them for much more. Are they useful? Can they fight?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  7. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

My familiar i a level 11 druid, and can cast. It is actually my kids game, I dont use familiars personally, but my kid is an animal lover. I would have tried magic missle but the creature can not be targeted or even talked to. The portrait is there and I can move around an empty circle.

8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

The die command works. I just put the familiar 1st and typed die in the console. I had to do it several times as sometimes the familiar would stabilize. Eventually the familiar died and I was able to remove it. Thank You for that console command.

9. hellblazer

Your welcome. I just found another method to remove an NPC:

In the console, type the following.

from Co8 import *

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3288

How many PCs were in your son's party and what was the PCvs.NPC ratio set at in the front end? I encountered this post and it made me think about your situation. I think pets take up NPC slots.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  10. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

The familiar did not die, just went invisible, and then could not be targeted in/out of combat, and didnt even get a turn in combat. My daughters party has the 5 char, and the 2 sisters from nulb, and lastly she has spugnoir's familiar, although she no longer has spugnoir with her.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

How did this come about? Did Spugnoir die?

12. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Spugnoir is still alive. After I got rid of his familiar for my kid, I went back to the inn and he was there, standing naked in the corner in all his glory. I am assuming after my kid got the familiar, she asked him to leave. I re-invited him and got the familiar back for my kid and made her party the same it was before the glitch occured.

13. hellblazer

14. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Caelen, Hellblazer, anyone else interested: in certain circumstances the game will treat 'masterless' familiars as NPCs- see the "beneficial bug with Spugnior's familiar thread for more details.

Our Host!