Community Feedback

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jul 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ah yes of course, I've been playing far more Pathfinder these days where that isn't an issue that exists.

2. Domingo

Domingo Member

that is a negative on both counts. He has never made any magic items. He did die once and got brought back via raise dead. I guess that explains it...I presume there is no remedy for this?

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

This would go a long way towards explaining it yes, resurrection, raise dead, and reincarnation each lower the recipient's level by 1 and resets that character's XP to the minimum XP total for the level they are now (I have a nagging memory that ToEE actually sets XP to 50% of the current new level - I could also be hideously mistaken here though).

I beleive Greater Restoration remedies at least some of this XP loss, but it's best to do it immediately after the resurrection as I believe even Greater Restoration only raises the XP up a certain amount.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Great pick-up Al. And yes, I do have a lot to say!

So what's next - politics or religion? Who needs to know why they're wrong? :cool:

EDIT: Regarding 'fixing' XP loss from Raise Dead - Restoration and Lesser Restoration are not meant to fix it, but I swear I have had some luck with them more than once. Probably needs to be done immediately though, as per Al's previous remarks.

5. Domingo

Domingo Member

yup. waited too long. oh well. on anther note, I tried to get back into the garrison area in the keep to report back to the guy in charge that we had lunch with and the guys up front asked me if i had my papers. the only option response was "no" and it exits the conversation. what papers do I need to get in again?

6. Shiningted

Hmmm... that's just a bug. There are various outcomes for the dinner, gimme a few hours and I will see if I can suggest a hotfix for you.

7. Domingo

Domingo Member

thanks!!!

8. Shiningted

Ok, here is a hot fix: put this in your data/dlg file in place of the current file and hopefully that will work.

To every one else, please don't just download this casually, I have not yet got to the bottom of what the problem is and am just trying to not hold up Domingo's game while I do.

Attached Files:

9. Domingo

Domingo Member

should I save this a particular area?

10. Shiningted

Yes you should, I am just saying people don't need to be downloading it willy-nilly as it is a stop-gap measure.

11. Domingo

Domingo Member

where should I save this file? can you send the path?

12. Shiningted

Sorry :)

data/dlg

13. Domingo

Domingo Member

thanks!

14. Domingo

Domingo Member

ok, now there is no one at the gate to talk to :(

15. Shiningted

Well, there is no way a new dlg file can turn off or destroy a character (at least not without you talking to them :) )

Could it be that you came at night, or arrived on the Outer Bailey at night and it turned to day while you were wandering around? The Inner Gate guards are in their rooms by night.

Our Host!