Community Feedback

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jul 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I totally dig the KotB game music. *drool*

The mad hermit is ssooo much of a fun encounter. *laugh* easter eggs example, the metallic paper hat (afraid of aliens reading his mind...must reflect mind waves)

Hint: Did anyone find a Troika marker?

It's all ssooo good!.. LOL

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

A funny note, KotB is still not available on Mod DB, thank God you guys found another place to host it. Good Job!

I thought when you guys released 5.0.0 that you had expended all the spells in your repertoire, I was wrong, you had a newly added spell called "Amazing Talent and dedication lvl 9" Y'all have done the impossible, which is to make something better than you had already made with the TOEE game.

I am humbled by being allowed to associate with you guys/gal.

btw...I have added a link to you guys and these mods to my blog, and promote you guys at the IGN boards, Thieves Guild boards, and the Drunken Lizard Board.

GREAT JOB!! :rock:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

What do you meant with that, Sirchet?

I've downloaded from there...

4. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

A big thank you to all who have worked so hard on KotB!!! how does one go about down loading it?

-Mielikki

ps and thanks for not banning me for life!

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well we can see you are a genuine D&D fan, miss, so you're welcome here - its just sometimes we see a little too much ;)

Thanks for the props, folks :mrhappy: It makes it all worth while. Please take the time to read the credits list at the end of the Players Guide since a few of the major contributors don't spend much time out in the forums.
    Thats described, but its not an actual item. I forgot to make it - oops :blush:

6. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Honestly, I think this is pretty accurate.

Of course the engine isn't the newest, but it is the best 3.5 adaptation ever made. And as far as story goes, KoTB is simply great (and this is just the demo!).

I'd also like to compliment the team, particularly on the music, the dialogue and the quest structure.

Another surprising thing ar random encounters: honestly, having crossed the necromancer and the summoner, with varied strategies and allies, I must say this gives a real authentic feeling!

7. Shiningted

The summoner works? He was very last-minute - glad to hear it :)

8. bytor

bytor Member

I had the chance to delve into the game last night and I'm absolutely amazed. I feel very fortunate to be the recepient of everyone's effort on this project. I have and will continue to contribute on the Paypal when it afford's me.

Bravo team! :clap:

Maybe I should post this in bug list thread, but I think there's a problem with real time when playing this game. I'll be playing the game for half an hour and the clock on the wall will elapse 6 hours. Anyone else have this problem?

9. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Whoa!

289 downloads in Filefront

57 on Mod DB

:txtsmilie

10. WebShaman

WebShaman Member

Hey! I am having this bug as well!

Can someone please fix this?! It is driving me crazy!

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

not sure where your getting your numbers from H_K I see 381 of filefront, and 303 on ModDB.

12. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

I had the summoner ambush me with a giant crayfish and a number of other animals... he would flee melee and summon other animals/monsters, and it was pretty challenging, since I was returning from an excursion to the north woods, and was down on spells and hp...

13. Shiningted

Yeah, he's a fiend :)
    Please post us your clocks and we'll see what we can do. My PC is so old it still has clockwork parts (running Win98, of course) so I might be able to help.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

H_K, the day I posted, it still showed TBD for availability. :)

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I beleive the TBD is refering to the full version of KotB, I've edited it to reflect the demo release date, someone else has changed it back again, so I'll leave it alone now.

Our Host!