Community Feedback

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jul 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Morgrim

Morgrim Bane of Hobbits

OMG I can't wait - I got so bored waiting I even reloaded Baldur's Gate...It's like Christmas :pelvicthr

2. bytor

bytor Member

He speaks the truth...keep up the great work!

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

How many modders work on this? And can we give donations?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

32 was the last count.

At the bottom of the screen you will see a 'paypal verified' thing to donate to Sorcerer's Place, who hosts Co8 - please do so :)

EDIT: Ahhh, I see Taluntain has changed it to a big fat 'donate' button. Sensible fellow. Please give generously to Sorcerer's Place, we wouldn't be on the air without them.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  5. WebShaman

WebShaman Member

So far, it is AWESOME!

You guys did a brilliant job! :peace:

6. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

Thank you so much! You've returned the thrill of the unknown to my game.
    The graphics, music, dialog, et al , are fantastic! And I haven't even left the keep yet!:dance:

7. MoonReaver

MoonReaver Member

I have just have to say thank you for extending the life of this game with KOTB. This really is some exceptional work your doing. The only problem I have is that between work, eating and sleeping there's not enough time in the day to play. Great job guys.

8. JD

JD Member

Great work guys. I had my first taste of the improvements in the underlying system last night when I was charged by 3 goblins. AI improvements are always welcome.

9. fitzlevity

fitzlevity Member

"All praise to the great one"(s)

This is a marvelous work and the KoTB team are to be given mucho good karma and lots of caffeine for their sterling efforts.

Thank you all for the following sleepless nights and grumpy days ....

Fitzlevity

10. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

This is the single most important software delivery in the last five years. Once the demo includes the caves of chaos and raider camps, then this release will be worthy of PC Gamer RPG of the year!!!!

Kudos to the development team who produced this modern masterpiece.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Awwww shucks :blush:

I must say, I do love hearing this stuff though - during the development, all you normally hear is "found another bug!" ;)

12. WebShaman

WebShaman Member

I can only second Hellblazer's comments!!

13. Covax

Covax Member

I finally got a chance to play some of this, and I had to stop a few minutes in just to come in here and comment that I love the music, the dialogue and the overall atmosphere so far. It was the music that particularly made me want to comment.

14. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

-World map it's simply beautiful.

-Dialogues...more dialogues! Fanny the picaresque, the polite "get the hell out" of the guild thug, Innkeeper's wife "poking friendly", "yap yap yap, ruf ruf ruf" the dog! that's bring life to characters!

-The new animations: Fanny killing wathever it's cooking, the speedy busy barmaid...

-The market place: wonderful!. What a load of crap to buy! I wasted more money buying stuff there than equipment!

-The maps are awesome; they need a bit of make up still, but the details...logs prepared to be cutted, brooms, Ballistas! I keep clicking almost anything just in case...

-And of course, the music...i run around aimlessly, or just spend time in the Green gryphon tavern just to listen...can't wait to hear the charcters speaking!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

15. relic

relic Established Member

Ted and team,

I've had the opportunity to play a good portion of KotB, and I must say you guys did an absolutely marvelous job! The outdoor maps are top notch. Wandering around in the Pine Woods at night is certainly an experience, and I found myself not sure where the heck I was going at times (which is what you get when you wander around in the woods at night)!

The Keep maps were fabulous also, and the interactivity of the citizens was just mind boggling. "I loved it" is an understatement. It really has the feel of a good ol' PnP D&D game.

I happened to stumble upon the "end scenario" for the demo at 3rd level, and I marveled how it all unfolded w/ the NPCs of the Keep. I mean, I was REALLY excited as everything was going down. I just couldn't believe the level of sophistication compared to the FedEx quests of TOEE. Absolutely incredible, guys.

I don't think this will contain any spoilers, but as I said, I happened upon the end scenario at level 3 and promptly got my hat handed to me. I believe I saw in another post Ted that you thought player characters would achieve level 6 after playing through the demo. That end scenario seems WAY past level 6. As the sombreros were flying, I was thinking my 9th and 10th level characters from TOEE would have a tough time. Now it occurred to me that you set up the end scenario as a no-win situation for the PCs, which is actually kind of cool. I'm just wondering if you think a party of 6th level characters can actually prevail at the end?

SLIGHT SPOILER: By the way, the next time I play the end scenario I'm hiring every mercenary in the Keep. It would be well worth the extra 10 gold!

Our Host!