Community Feedback

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jul 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Global Moderator

Ok, I can confirm the problem - I had him tripping humans and attacking snakes, but against undead he won't move.

More testing needed! I found a bug at the end of the dlg file for training - that shouldn't be the problem but those sort of bugs have funny results. I'll check the latest version of the file (dust off the modding laptop) and see if it works any better.

EDIT: Still not sure, it doesn't seem to just be the default 'you can't attack unnatural things" kicking back in, or there would be an appropriate floatline. <sigh> A LOT of testing needed for what works and what doesn't. I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    arius likes this.
  2. Shiningted

Just confirming this is bugged, I have a wolf just standing there when it is supposed to be attacking a goblin. A freaking GOBLIN. <sigh>

The floatline does seem to work, but will prevent combat if there is anything unnatural in range even if not involved in the combat, eg the chests on the starting map (and possibly undead followers). I will adjust this.

EDIT: I am thinking this may have been broken when I tweaked it to stop summonses being affected? Because I swear this used to work.

3. Shiningted

Ok, bad news Arius - I tested the current version in my one-day-to-be-finished KotB 2.0 and it works fine. In fact, works beautifully whether the animal is untrained, partially trained or a fully trained killing machine (in this one, the wolf charged the goblin, injured him, and then finished him off with an AoO, all in one round, with no-one else having to lift a finger).

BUT, I can't see any difference between the current and old versions (no difference that explains the problem) and when I transfer the files over, it doesn't make it work in the current 1.1 (1.0.1?) release. I am thus thinking it might be a change to the proto, because all the summonable animal protos got overhauled for the next release to fix various factional and other issues. I can't post the current protos.tab because it has any number of changes re heartbeats and such that could screw up a game.

So unless I have a brainwave or other epiphany, I'm going to have to just consider this a 'known issue' of the current release, which sucks, but I need to focus on things I can actually fix atm.

Our Host!