CO8 on linux? TFE-X fails...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by fdelente, Apr 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ank

Ank Established Member

OOH here we go i'm officially 'retarded/blind' no wonder TOEE 'chose not to submit to me' :p .... to keep a long story short here's what one should do to get toee to run under linux :
    0)proprietary graphics driver (figure worth mentioning tho most won't bother contemplating gaming as an option with the default os' drivers for the graphics card :roll:)
    1)install ia32-libs
    2)32 bit or 64 bit arch ? ....
    2a)if 32 bit : install wine, and move to step 3
    2b)if on 64bit do a multi arch install of wine to ensure 32bit aps support (http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit extra details on how to...)
    3)install the .netframework via wine...
    4)install monodevelop
    5)install toee itself(gog version for me so noo need to chase patches around.....)
    6)install c8modpack ,don't freak when it can't launch tfe-x....
    7)start tfe-x-linux via terminal
    8)let the tfe-x-linux do its deployment rutine afterwards set the setings u wish for toee from inside tfe-x and save... don't freak when it fails to lunch toee.exe...
    9)manually lunch toee.exe .... start enjoyng the superb game u got in front of you :yes:
    PS:for all terminal issued commands it can't hurt to use a sudo...... if u see weird(unexpected) results also for all that is holly do grant read&write permissions to each and any thing u attempt to run (aka the toee.exe,tfe-x-linux and what ever else u need to get things done)
    PPS: make sure u double check every thing to be sure it went ok ; otherwise u end up like yor's truly and stumble up on error piles for various obscure reasons(no multi arched wine/missing ia32-libs/no read&write permisions given)
    PPS:should one wonder about my OS& sys specs :i3 dual core procesor, NV gtx 460 all in service to a LMDE(64bit xfce-ed : http://www.linuxmint.com)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You guys realize that there is a TFE-X / Linux sticky thread?

Our Host!