Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. veryfinemale

veryfinemale Member

yes
    I have been to Verbobonc

But I have not seen "the lady"

No one has told me to go see the lady
    Who do I need to talk to ... Smythe?

I have talked to him, after big fight in Hommlet and he gives me nothing new...........

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Just a crazy thought here, but maybe ... Ariakas, the guy who asked you to defend the town in the first place (and also the guy who asked you to come see him when it was over)? ;)

3. veryfinemale

veryfinemale Member

Ok... where the heck is this lady in Vernobonc??
    I wandered around and can not find her

And yes I did think to talk to Ariakas, but because he was NPC in my party. Normal just clicking on him did not work. Took me a while to firgure out "talk" option with him.

Where is this Lady in Vernobonc??

Sorry.. if I am getting annoying with my questions.
    I just hate wandering around looking for someone.
    And I get the info from symthe and or Ariakas, just ONE time
    (obviously I only 1/2 way pay attention to what they say)

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

The jerkstop was the same as now. I would usually encounter it after coming back from the moathouse. Now I only played it 3 times before giving up, but each time I would encounter it after returning from the moathouse carrying lots of stuff (remember there was no magic chest) and everyone was fully encumbered and i would walk from the starting spot in front of the inn down to the leather seller. I would solve it by going to the world map and going north to the church and sell stuff there, usually just selecting one character and walking him into the church one step at a time, then it would switch maps and everyone could move again, albeit slowly since they were encumbered.

At the time I thought it was either another bug, or possible due to my older computer. It was well over the minimum requirements, but that has meant little on some games.

Even after patch 1 came out, they game had so many bugs still that I gave up on it for years until finding Co8.

5. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I have a possible concern with WotGS difficulty if playing evil. When attacking the town, what sort of opposition is there to stop your 18~ level party to run it all over without a fuss? Terjon seems to have lots of levels, and Jaroo might be strong, but I can't imagine what there it to make Hommlett good. Are burne and rufus buffed up if you play evil and they arent in your party? Are the badgers better? I havent played it yet but when I do my evil playthrough (next save) I don't want it to just be a slaughterfest.

6. Gaear

It will be just a slaughterfest.

But you don't have to do it that way. Evil types can defend the town for fun and profit.

7. silo25

silo25 Established Member

wondering if i missed something, but who starts the war for the evil side?

NVM i just played through defending as evil and I see now where you can get the attacker quest line

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  8. wasbear

wasbear Member

Gaear, if I may make a suggestion, why not replace the Hextorites with knights of Furyondy and/or Veluna (or guardsmen from Verbobonc) in the WotGS: Attacker quest? Ariakas mentions that Burne and Rufus went for reinforcements, thus it's not unreasonable that they return to Hommlet with an army to fight off the Hextorites.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Spoiler Alert (Highlight the area below this line to see it).
    I believe she is in the estate beside the abandoned church.

WooooohoooooH I can use the spoiler stuff!

10. tom

tom Established Member

Jerkstop stoped play.

got to the war of the golden skull and jerstop started originaly in the south but also in the druids grove. I found that i could get around it a littel by swiching to combat mode. this allowed me to travle but i had a secound problem in the south west road block. if i used a range weapon on them the game just crashed after spending a weekend on it solid i gave up and took the game of my computer. so now at least i have my life back.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The Gremlich can go or made killable. I've botched twice because of that thing.

12. Gaear

It is killable. In the next update there will be provisions made for fleeing from it though, if you need to get away and do more research.

13. Kellern

Kellern Member

I am stumped with the Gremlich quest. I have been to the sage, but do not know where to go from there. I have fought the Gremlich and killed it so many times, it is either broke or I am missing something. Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks.

I have read I need to chat with some "Uncle" person in the "Rabbit Hole." I have looked for this place and have not been able to find. could someone please point me in the right direction? I have chatted with Prince Zook and he tells me nothing new. thanks.

14. shiffd

shiffd Member

I am completely irrevocably stuck.

I avhe finished all the old content.

I have killed everything, zygometry (SP) or whoever shi sis.. tHe slavers, the hextorite sell. I did ratout/kill the hextorites in verbabonc... I just attack them while talking with them.

(side note- I never found no gem or figured out how to get the demigod quest in verbabonc too.... SO the game seems over for me...with no NC (as of 7.0, i did get all the other NC from version 6 and prior)

I did talk to brother smythe. He told me to talk to the guy. I talked to him.
    I hvae the skull and byrne is dead. His apprentice does not give me any such dialogue for destroying the skull....

I seperated the saves incase of a bug, I had a feeling-

Nothing happens, I travel all over the map and nothing happens.

In one save I had checkedin, traveled, and came back. The guy wont talk to me. I can't even initiate a dialogue iwth him ( the new guy in teh elder's house) its odd. seems stuck/bugged.

In the other save (right after getting the quest). If I wait a day and talk to him- nothing. Often if I leave homlet and comeback my players freeze. They can not be given any move commandments, they wont move. Can'T case spells, can't do anything. All I can do is leave homlet and come back, over and over till it doesn'T freeze.

By the tiem I get back and go into the elders cabin, 1 of 2 things always happens-
    1. He wont talk to me
    2. there is a guy (not an old man, just a normal homlet dude) in the corner of the cabin. He will say hi to me but a dialogue does not initiate, and the guy just says nothing to report/no news.

So I can travel around the map hoping for random troll encounters, but other than that no action, no nothing. What gives?

Also I hear peopel talking about Gremlich and robin hood and all that, but it makes no sense to me, I am getting nothing. Oh also peopel talking about an ogre cave random map or something like that...with hextorites. I have never in any playthrough ever got such a map, a map with a cave. I'm really lost.

15. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

THIS! I think this is an excellent idea. It would make it much more appealing to evil role players and being able to perform on either side of the quest equally.

Our Host!