Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Excellent job!

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

YEAH!! Looking forward to the new incarnation. :D

3. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Hurrah! the mod that I've been waiting for. can't wait to see this in the new mod.
    *cough* 6.2.0 NC *cough* ;)

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

That's exactly what I was hoping for when I switched on my computer and went to the co8 website today. Great news. Always pays of to look for some news here.

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Awesome! Are we talking a completed WotGS, or just what was already in 5.5?

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It'll pretty much be an adapted WotGS. It can't really go in in situ as it appeared in its original add-on form, so some things will change, and while the changes may seem expansion-like, overall it really won't be any kind of upgrade in that sense (except that the bugs will be addressed and other gameplay issues improved).

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

OK, that's pretty much what I expected, but welcome addition nonetheless. I do particularly hope that the "man not appearing on the road" bug is taken care of.

I still hope that Ranth will eventually get the time to complete WotGS with all the stuff he had in mind like continuation of the dwarf quest.

8. random1

random1 Member

New content in Co8 modpack?
    Amazing is all I can say.

The work of love by Co8 over all these years is commendable at the very least.

Thank you all!

9. Gaear

Okay I lied: the Hextor invasion part is being expanded significantly. :transform

The road will no longer be a factor, though after reading through the original WotGS thread the reason for that bug became apparent - RE maps delete all objects on them when you leave (so that it's not all laying around next time you have an RE). Ranth's spawner that spawned the old man under the right conditions was on the river road map (I think), so if you had a random encounter there before WotGS started, the spawner would get deleted along with everything else when you left. That's why the encounter fired for some but not others. If you hadn't had an RE there yet, it would work.

10. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

AWESOME NEWS!!!! can't wait to play it. :)

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I'm honored. Thanks Gaear.

This is why you are better at modding than I would ever be. I never would have thought of this.

12. Currently, I have Co8 6.0NC blast - good job, perhaps the best MOD prices of all, I played countless MODS, but WoGS should have been included in the complete package...

13. peeer

peeer Member

Being as how this was not put in 5.8, how would I go about playing War of the Golden Skull? I have played 5.7.2 and now I am in 5.8. I have never done any of the add ons.

Would I be able to play the other add-ons like Arena of Heroes and Verbonic with 5.8?
    (I see Welkwood Bog and Moathouse Respawn and Hickory Branch are in!)

I love what you guys at Co8 do here and I want to try all of the new content but I'm just not quite sure what the best way to go about it is or if this is even possible with 5.8.

Hopefully somebody here will clear this up for me.

Thanks!

14. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

I would just download 6.1NC..since how I understand it is a cummulation of all the 5.xx series which were Beta's and that will have all the current new content, and just wait for 7.0 for the WOTGS.

15. Gaear

^^ Spam turd alert in post 28. He's not really worried about WotGS ... moreso pimping his merchandise. (That was a 'clever' cut and paste of somebody else's question.) :punch:

Our Host!