Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tom3

Tom3 Member

I will load it in a little while and go look. But that is why I clarified it; it, is so easy to have miscommunications.

Thanks for the great work and responsiveness. Take care.

2. Tom3

Tom3 Member

It looks like a pretty light patrol. I counted 3 fighters, 1 Assassin, and 1 soldier. That makes a patrol of 5. Seems too small.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yes, that's one short. Was Wakefield the problem with the town defense group?

4. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

2nd occurance for me Gaear. Applied Wakefield/HB patch on first playthrough. Finished that game completely (NG). Had the same exact 5 NW patrol members 1 assassin, 3 fighters and 1 soldier (5 total) the first time around (as Tom3 mentions). Applied [520] global commands for _vars and _flags to fix nw patrol problem (it did).

Started 2nd playthrough (NE). Got to the point WotGS could be activated and problems recurred. No Wakefield and only the 5 NW patrol members mentioned above. In the other patrol groups I count 6 total members with 2 soldiers vice only 1.

Also, in my game, with no Wakefield, combat must be manually initiated with the enemies just outside town defense. I can re-enter, re-exit and move the party around to a more advantageous position with no reaction from the attackers (I guess Wakefield also initiates their combat, huh.)

No jerkstop in either playthrough for me. I had some other monkey business go on in my 2nd playthrough, but I'll put that in the 7.#/7.#NC discussion thread. Just wanted to mention the lack of Wakefield/nw patrol issue re-occurance on the 2nd playthrough (after patch application on 1st playthrough) since it seemed pertenent to the discussion here.

5. Tom3

Tom3 Member

Wakefield was missing; is is not now. Also, I had to trigger the fight without Wakefield; now they initiate the fight. I would guess there are always little issues to solve when there are thousands of lines of computer code.

I still am missing one from the NW patrol (I think)

6. Gaear

@zebrainz, did you reactivate the module or sthg?

7. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

@ Gaear

No on reactivation. Don't know what sthg means.

**Edit: Redownloaded and reinstalled 7.4.1 patch. Extraction program I am using had a problem with py00484Wakefield.py and py00597cave_blockage.py. I individually approved each file during extraction, so the other files in the patch went correctly to the ToEE folder. I checked creation dates for those existing files in my ToEE folder, 8/17/2012, making them a pre-patch version of the file. Extracted patch to downloads folder, then manually copied and replaced just those two files. Now my ToEE/data/scr folder shows 9/4 for wakefield and 9/10 for creation dates, just as the extracted files in the download folder. I think that was the problem with wakefield's lack of appearance on the 2nd/differently aligned playthrough. I have 7-zip installed, I just forget to select it instead of simply using the 'extract files' oem option provided when I right click on a .rar file. The oem program provided with windows 7 always finds a reason to tell me 'access is denied' on my own computer. 7-zip manages to bypass this problem. Usually.

So, problem solved, I think.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  8. Gaear

Good. ^ Man I hate how these modern systems don't let you run things.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

OK, the WotGS ran good for me, just had a slight lag, (15 seconds) when moving the screen across the Grove area.

I too had to raise one of the North Western Patrols in order to complete the quest.

The North Western Patrol had 5 people in it, of this I'm sure. I raised one and slaughtered him, then my book flashed and all was well.

10. Gaear

That was without the patch?

11. Tom3

Tom3 Member

New question: When the adventurer asks you what reward you want, I said the +4 LOngspear. Is the item supposed to appear in your inventory? Or do I have to go pick it up somewhere? Otherwise everything ran great. I had to get a "new" group all the way up.

12. Gaear

It's supposed to appear in your inventory. Was your speaker's inventory full?

13. Tom3

Tom3 Member

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I am a private Tutor-when a client calls I have to help (work). You are right, I did not have a free space in my inventory. I try to keep two spaces always open but I picked up a couple of potions and did not realize I had a full inventory. I replayed it insuring that I had an empty space in my inventory and the +4 long spear in it.

New question/problem. I killed the Dueger Dwarfs and got the mithiral anvil. I gave it to the blacksmith dwarf at the Inn. He was supposed to appear for commission work at the Arrow Blacksmiyh shop. He never did. Am I missing something? I've given his tools twice now; I waited a couple days and he never appeared. Thanks.

14. Gaear

Sorry, it looks like that was another holdover bug from the map numbering update. Will fix in the next version.

15. relic

relic Established Member

I FINALLY was able to play WOTGS, and it was great fun roaming around Hommlet taking on the baddies. But I have a question about when you join the Hextorites.

I am playing version 7.0.0 NC, and I joined the Hextorites. I traveled to the different locations, found the Hommletites in the basements, strategically positioned my players to wreak the most havoc, and totally annihilated them. It was like a fox in the hen house. I thought Terjon might be a difficult fight, but I downed him in the first round. I even had the Butcher of Hommlet rep before joining the Hextorites.

Is this the way the Hextorite side is supposed to work? I thought the Hommlet defense might be something more. I saw Gaear mention it's a blood bath. I did get some additional reps after running through Hommlet.

Thanks...

Our Host!