Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As far as the Arena itself goes, you only had to talk to the Master guy, not finish all the battles. People tend to get hung up on that one because they don't go to the Arena at all.

2. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Exactly what I did. Went to the Arena when strong enough to figth them all. Thanks for the clarification.

And THANKS for these mods. I bought this game years ago and never bothered to play it, too bugged bugger as it was. But when I found these mods, just can't stop playing. I bow my head in thankful awe.

3. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

Quick question: I realize there's a ban on public posts of spoilers, but can anyone provide any *general* tips on initiating adventures in Verbobonc? I've stumbled across a couple of spots that I'm quite sure contain adventure leads (the dungeon full of priests of "Pelor," for instance...), but I can't figure out how to get anything to happen except limited conversations.

My work-around is generally flinging a fireball at people and diving in, but that's a pretty crass move...

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Start by talking to Wilfrick and everything will unravel from there.

5. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

So, if one had been advised to hunt down some slavers but isn't quite up to the task yet, the other Verbo quests would be on hold for a bit?

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I would suggest going back to the Temple and clearing out some of the areas to get some more levels and/or money for crafting. Then when your ready go after them slaving dogs who are giving adventurers in the area a bad name. :)

Also you can talk with the Gnome prince and see if he can offer you something to work on as well.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The 'Pelor' guys are not fleshed out yet, so don't worry about them. Most everything else will be pretty self-evident. Just talk to people.

8. Rocktoy

Can anyone help me to find those slavers?

9. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  10. Rocktoy

Thank you.

11. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

Following Cezmail's advice, I hacked through some more monstrous detritus in the temple, got up to 13th level, and went after the slavers again. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, Holy Word simply obliterates them - the only one left standing was Abaddon (the priest), and he didn't last long against the rest of my party.

From my D+D days, I don't remember Holy Word being quite that devastating; frankly, I'm just as happy to slaughter the slavers and steal their loot at the moment.

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Thanks Gazra for the links and help on this. Maybe one of these days there will be a sticky with the location. :)

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Others have already proven that Holy Word is bugged in the current edition of the mod pack. There is a fix I believe that will be added in the next release. For now I personally avoid that spell, as it also supposedly prevents full xp rewards when enemies die solely from the spell.

14. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

As long as I'm busy littering the forum with baffled questions, at the moment, buying the Castle of Lords doesn't actually do anything, right? I ponied up my 100,000 GP, proudly trotted over to the big circular keep with the impenetrable barrier, and still couldn't get in.

I read elsewhere in the forum that the castle was/is a feature from the War of the Golden Skull, not currently part of the Modpacks(?)

I'm far enough along that the money isn't a big deal, just curious here...

15. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    While we are talking about the Slavers, I just discovered a "bug" in the encounter. When I arrived at their "lair", I sent my Rogue sneaking up ahead with a Ring of Invisibility and Boots of Elvinkind to scout the area. Once I found the Slavers I buffed everyone and moved into position to do battle. I was actually going to go through the dialogue process, but for some reason it never happened. I will admit I had the Rogue (still Invisible) off to one side so he could get some flanking shots in. In the end I was able to walk right up to the slavers, and they didn't start any dialogue or do any buffing that I could see. I ended up starting the fight with a full attack. Here is a screengrab from just before I started the battle. You can see the Rogue at the bottom right of the screen. I just remembered that my Wizard is Invisible and just "off screen" to the upper left.
    The Royal Canadian

Attached Files:

Our Host!