Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

7.7 NC - I like all the new shops and gear. Wish there was a vendow who sold troll bone helmets! :]

2. aanalore

aanalore Member

Hi! I have completed the Temple. I've been to Verbobonc and eliminated the Drow and the dragons. I can't get Wilfrick or the Blacksmith in Hommlet to give me any more quests. I have been able to get them successfully in the past. has something changed? Shouldn't I be able to get the War of the Golden Skull now?

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Are there any new notices on the bill board in Verbobonc?

4. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally found away to avoid Robin until higher level...TELEPORT. Bugger. I did not complete the Temple and went to Verbie at only 5-6th level,and kept getting thumped by Robin.

I guess the trigger is Lord's Castle purchase. So will try this in 7.7 and see? I use MaxHps so it affects me more since all the enemy are in the 140s or so hps.

Do not know about the new shops?

Off-topic-can the Lareth musical items be moved to Amario(?) Hommlet instead? No instruments for PC's wanting to become Bards in Hommlet,let alone Nulb.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

There are musical instruments in the starting area when you can equip your whole party before actually starting the game. And there is the Horn in the Chest of Brother Smyth.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Doesn't the cabinet maker sell a few instruments?

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I am trying to complete the Verbobonc sewers quest but am finding that the night worker is only forming as a pair of stationary torches that are formed each evening in a different place - they do not respond in anyway. Boroquin responds normally - including to charm person (he does appear to have a horrendously low will save though)

Please, what am I doing wrong with the nightworker?

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Have you exited the sewers before seeking out the night guy? They are only there day and night respectively, but you have to change maps for them to actually appear. This means that if you stood there with the day guy past 6:00 p.m. until midnight, he would still be there. If you then left and came right back, he would be gone and the night guy would be there.

9. Pygmy

Thanks for the reply Gaear

Yes - I even resorted to travelling to the Welcome Wench, sleeping over, then coming back, ENTERING Verbobonc at NIGHT and going straight down to the sewers - all I found was a pair of immobile torches (in a different place in the sewers) and NO Caretaker.

10. Gaear

Whereabouts are you looking for him? gazra's game guide has the specific locations for reference.

11. Pygmy

I look all over the tunnels - are you telling me the two stationary torches are a red herring?

12. Gaear

No, the disembodied torches are simply particle effects from his torch that don't go away properly, but they signify where he had been.

Not sure what else to tell you - I just tested it and he was there faithfully making his rounds after 6:00 p.m. You had no previous contact with him whatsoever?

13. Pygmy

Thanks

After ignoring the stationary torches I have now managed to find and interogate him......

14. Chiba_Monkey

Chiba_Monkey Member

New poster here. I'm playing 7.8.0 NC, first time playing co8. I've defeated Zuggtmoy, but I can't get either Verbobonc nor the moathouse respawn to trigger from Smythe.

15. Pygmy

Welcome to the forum Chiba_Monkey

Go outside and call up the World Map - you will see Passage to Verbobonc appeared at the bottom of the list on the RHS (at the instant you slew Zuggotmoy)

Moathouse respawn and all other post Zuggotmoy quests are triggered via messages on the noticeboard adjacent to your Verbobonc arrival point.

Our Host!