Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm, the first door just south of where you arrive in Verbo is a wormhole to Homlett! I wonder what's up with that.

EDIT: So is the right Coliseum exit.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Any oddities you may see in 7.3 with portals and whatnot are a result of the map numbering overhaul. (And they should all be reported here so we can snuff them out - thanks. :))

Vanilla ToEE had clumps of map numbers grouped by area more or less. This allows ranges in the .dll to be assigned an area name, which appears in things like saves. When Co8 started adding maps they were all pretty much add-hoc, so whatever came first went next in line. This doesn't add very much to organization, and it doesn't allow for our custom areas to have map number ranges and thus .dll-recognized area names as described above. So making them compliant as such is a good thing that pretty much had to be done eventually - by reassigning map numbers. The fallout though is that any part of the game that uses that numbering system, such as portals and jump points, needs to be updated accordingly. So a door that once led to the coliseum or whatever might now lead to the Hickory Branch cave unless the portal data is updated, and there are a lot of portals in the game, so a few are going to be missed.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well then, the central exit portal in the Verbobonc City Hall also led me to the same spot in Hommlett.

I've also noticed a glitch on the Merchant's Row where if you enter the right-side row of buildings, you just get black backgrounds with candles on them, no BG textures or the like.

Also the "Constable Chambers" option on the Verbo sign transports you to the empty (black) region of the permanent lodging hostel map instead of wherever you're supposed to go.

I'll update if I find any more. Also, welcome back, and great job on the textures update (with the unfortunate "bonus" of having to relearn the city map all over again :p).

4. Gaear

Thanks. :)

That background art issue is strange, as it works fine for me. Anybody else having that issue?

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Hmm, in that case maybe that's just me glitching out. I've also been having crashes going to Verbo recently, so maybe there's something wrong with my game.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ok, this here is a weird one - Hextor Priest is nowhere to be found, and as a result I can't do either Monster Mash (because apparently meeting other Hextorites doesn't set the flag) or the Thaddeus assassination quest. I did pay the 10 gold entrance fee, and he's still not there. Tried both day and night.

Seems like I'm having terrible luck with Verbo quests in this patch. This is now 3 (incl. Rabbit Hole) that I can't initiate.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Here's another one I caught:

Magic rings are spawning again on corpses in the Thaddeus encounter. I think I just looted over 20. Guessing this is way more than intended - I recall the encounter being rather skimpy on loot in 7.0.

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Also, weird bug with the slavers fight - some of my characters remain paralyzed on first round, at which point the slavers coup de grace them. As if being forced to lose one party member wasn't enough >__> Now you're pretty much guaranteed to lose two, if not more.

9. Gaear

That was actually not changed, but there was a flaw in the script in that they would not destroy the rings if they died after Thaddeus told them to change strategies. Will be tweaked, thanks.

Nothing changed with the Slavers. (And no, the Emridy Meadows map - as with most of the vanilla maps - didn't change number. :p)

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Geh, well I suppose I'll have to go back to the cheesy tactics for the fight then (hiring a few extra PCsto be used as cannon fodder).

EDIT: Umm, and about the portals again... You seem to have fixed the "Viscount's Chambers" option so that it now leads to the correct map, but you still go to the wrong location on it, namely beyond the edges of the map.

ALSO: Where did the warehouse for "Removign Wilfrick" go? Certainly nowhere near the park, since I entered every damn building there, and it's mostly Merchant Row buildings now...

Eh, I think I've checked every building in Verbo, I have no idea where to find him.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  11. Gaear

Sorry I missed this ... seems to be another start-a-new-game instance. The short version reason why this happens is if a mob has standpoint coordinates that indicate a different map than where it exists, it won't show up. Some of the time. Give it's coordinates the right map number and redoing the day/night standpoint process fixes this, but in order to see those changes you have to start a new game. I just tested it with a new game and he appeared.

Re-fixed, thanks.

You should try the Warehouse District via the signpost. ;) It's in the far southwest below the arena. I'll have to change the pertinent dialog, thanks.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Wait, I thought you fixed this in 7.3.2? The guy popped up right after I installed the patch. You're reading an old post ;)

Figures. I think I checked there as well, but just in case, I'll look again to make sure.

EDIT: Well, installed the new patch and tried it again, sadly the two buildings in the warehouse district continue being dreadfully empty :(

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  13. Gaear

Hm, I just tested it with a new game and it worked fine.

Can you check what the following console code returns?

Code:
    game.global_vars[704]
    Also, you did get the actual green light on the job from Darlia, right? It's not one of those things where he tells you about it and you go straight there.

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Yeah, I did all the previous jobs, and gave him 6 days to "prepare". Here's a screenshot of the empty warehouse (just in case I somehow got the wrong one) with the appropriate dialogue history: http://oi47.tinypic.com/157f1hl.jpg

The variable request returned a 3.

15. Gaear

I guess it's probably a new game thing then, sadly. Sorry about that.

Our Host!