Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Hello all!

I have a problem with Castle Ghosts quest.
    I talked with the ghost in my bedroom, then I talked to the one outside the Castle and the one in the Cellar.
    Then I returned to my bedroom and the 1st ghost is not visible anymore so I can't attack him to trigger conversation. I can rest (yellow tent) and the ghost interrupts, I can fight him but the conversation doesn't trigger after a combat.

Any help appreciated.

And one more question - how to trigger any quest which have something to do with Darlia and Lerrick. I know something is wrong about the Scarlet Brotherhood, but none asked me to investigate it :).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Ok, I managed to finish the Castle Ghosts quest.

I would like to mention that the quest 'Under Surveillance' is somehow bugged.
    I have PCs with at least 10 base points in spot and in listen, my druid has 35 points in spot and 25 in listen (wearing Robe of Eyes). And 4 PCs in my party are wearing Robes of Eyes, so their spot points are around 20+ and still I can't detect a cloacked persona from the Scarlet Brotherhood. And yes, I am visiting all 3 places where he can be spotted.

And more thing, I have read somewhere that in Verbo is available a quest 'Lareth's Daughter' but I can't find any NPC related to this quest. Any hints appreciated.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There is nothing about "Lareth's daughter" in Verbobonc or anywhere else in the game.

Darlia and Lerrik - you should try working for them.

4. Malice805

Malice805 Member

I am having trouble with the ghost quest in 7.1 I can talk to the upstairs ghost and obtain the quest. But when I go downstairs and attack the ghost there he just disappears. Cant even find the ghost outside at all. Any thoughts? thanks

5. Gaear

The outside ghost walks around the perimeter of the castle. That's the one you want next.

6. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

I have a problem with adding Corporal Holly to my party.
    I have killed 1st group of drows (drow fighter, rogue, cleric and wizard) and I have diplomacy skill 15 and still I don't get any new dialogue option while talking to Holly or Captain Absalom.

7. Gaear

Did Prince Zook tell you to see Absalom?

8. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

No, he didn't.

I have only this dialogue with him:
    Me: I am dealing with ur drow problem, sir. There are many foes, but I shall do my best to beat them.
    Zook: I am grateful for ur efforts. Thank u.

I have a party of 6 PCs, maybe Holly is only available for smaller parties?

9. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I have already defeated the drow and the
    dragon
    , but never got a conversation path leading to Absalom. Exactly how is that supposed to work? My dwarf with the gnome friendship ring did the talking to Zook.

10. Gaear

Zook is the only way in. We should probably change that, but the way it stands right now is that you talk to Zook, he tells you to talk to Absalom (if you choose that path), and from there you have access to Holly if you've encountered drow.

11. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

That would be great!
    Failed to add Holly to my party in 7.1 NC and now in 7.2 NC. I wonder if someone succeeded in adding Holly to a party?

12. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

I'm not really the kind of guy to go all negative on the wonderfull jobs you guys (and in general, all other unofficial patchers) do, but I'm a bit unhappy with Verbobonc.

I have played through Verbobonc 1.0 a long time ago, and so I was quite anxious to finally get into Verbobonc 2 in the 7.1 NC patch. I enjoyed my stay in 1.0, and thought that -while it was great- it could use a bit more quests.
    Now, in the 2.0 version, I do get more quests. Thats good.
    But Verbobonc is a sprawling city, and only the entry point of Verbo. has this handy teleportation signpost. Not so good. All these long runs dulls the Verbo. experience a bit. I especially don't see the point of these rows of empty factory-workers houses.
    It's the compactness of Verbo. 1.0 that I kinda miss...

Now, I really liked the fights against those Drow parties, they're tough cookies. I had to retry 3 times before I got through - though my second try was just barging in. Anyhow, I got through...
    And that's where things get messy again.
    The first bunch of ... monsters... (not wanting to spoil people's fun) were a walkover. Their ...whooping cough... seems very weak, seemingly doing nothing more as 2d4 damage. They might also benefit a higher AC, some spell resistance and/or more HP.
    But what shocked me most was how patheticly dull, easy and literally unrefined ...La Mama... was.
    To begin with, she looks more like a demon to to me, and a heavily pixellated one at best. Even in death, the pixels are an eyesore. I also found the loot quite meager...
    And in battle, La Mama was almost a bigger letdown.
    I was hoping on a nailbiting battle, but instead it felt like fighting a mediocre sorceror with a tonload of HP as her only defense. Solid Fog and Fear were her 2 preferred means of boring us to death, she didn't even use her ... whooping cough.
    Now, in a game we all know - even though it's based on ad&d 2nd ed. - these ...monsters... are even difficult for a top-lvl party. That's because first you get "the" fear, then they ...cough... and then they use their wings to scatter your party away, giving them time to either use a spell or ...cough... again.
    Then it would bitchslap one of your partymembers - which hurts by the way- and then they would use that wingtrick again...
    I really hope that with the next version you could upgrade her a bit, because honestly, I felt sorry for her...

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing you guys, I just want to give a comment so that the next version could be worked upon so it can become the awesomeness which it deserves to be.

13. Gaear

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Why is that not so good?

The idea is to make it look like a city. Also, the many empty buildings may be occupied some day ... forward expansion thinking and whatnot. Ad-hoc designs generally suck.

Bear in mind that the dragons were Verbo 1.0 content, suitable for 1.0's difficulty range. Times have changed and they have not been upgraded to modern standards. That is a job I haven't looked into as of yet, but they will probably get tougher eventually.

14. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

looking forward to this! The first time I encountered the babes I was terrified, certain that the parent(s?) were nearby...turns out they were more scared of my party. ;p

15. Gaear

okay, I'm working on upgrading the dragon. Can anyone tell me, does it always cast Fog Cloud four times?

Our Host!