Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Have you made it to Verbo yet, you could spend 1 million pp there are still want more.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

If you want, you can use that money to buy up scrolls and potions of healing from Mother, or over priced cast offs from Skole and what's her name- the bar b@tch. (Can't think of her name--ugg)

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

You could sell the in-game currency to any number of companies that resell it at a profit to others who play ToEE. Accounts and items too. I've been retired since 2004 because of selling ToEE coinage and items.

4. Horus

Horus Member

I love this one, you should write a how to book. ;)

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Had something weird and interesting happen in my current game. First time I made it to the moathouse respawn with 5.92 and I made it to the infamouse bugbear room. Well not only were all the bugbears all alive and in full health, but once I killed the last bugbear the various undead started to show up one at a time.

Not sure if this may just be me or if anyone else has had this type of thing happen with 5.92. I appreciate the work trying to fix this bug from 5.91, so wanted to let you know what I encountered.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Found another weird crossover from the original moathouse and the respawn. Because I was trying something new, I had killed off Nibble and Co in the first run through, to see if they show up Verbobanc as well if the Prince would have anything new to say.

Well I get to the room where Lugbash was and where the Chrystal Oozes now reside. Somehow Nibble and gang were raised up again and joined in the fight, though were first attacking the oozes until I had beaten them apart, when then they turned on me.

I will try to finish more of the Respawn to see if I find some more mixing of the old and new. I fought the Witch already and Lareth and his gang of bandits never showed up, and the Gnolls were all nice and skeletonized, so that is two at least that are as they should be.

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Finished off the top level and had no other problems, but once I exited out to the courtyard, the undead were popping out only one at a time. Even when the battle with the Morhgs lasted several rounds. I wonder if if my strategy of starting from the side cave and working up has anything to do with these seemingly goofs. It is my usual strategy to do this, so might just be something else if it is not a bug for others.

On a side note are the Morhgs supposed to have amulets of turn resistance? The two from the courtyard had them so that is why I wondered.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

None of the respawn monsters will activate until their respective forebears are gone, so the undead won't show up in the bugbear room until the bugbears are gone, etc., even if the other requirements to set the respawn in motion have been met.

Did you clear the Moathouse initially but leave the bugbears, then go on until you got the MR NC, then go back and find the bugbears? That would be the only way that should happen.

I suppose we should bulletproof it somehow.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok no more encounters in the MR but something else for those who had never tried it.

Spoiler Below- so you are warned...

I had gotten the Swamp Lotus for the saving Ami, but wanted to see what Mother would offer for it, as in previous plays she had mentioned she was looking for some.

She will first offer you a potion of heal, and you can get her to sweeten things with a potion of stoneskin as well.

So for those who might have wondered what would happen if you got some for Mother, now you know. :)

Just following this up is if you kill off Mother, you can get your Swamp Lotus back and if teh saving Ami quest is still running and not botched, you can then go rescue the brat. :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yes Gaear, I had indeed killed them off in my first play though. I will be the first that it may just be my game on this play through, as I have encountered some other stuff which I posted about already.

I really appreciate all the work you and others have worked on with this situation from 5.91, so do not take this as criticizing. Just trying to offer up what I am encountering/

11. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

love the moat house respawn

where do i find the witch who sells stuff???

i found mother who sells potions but havent found the witch who sells the ring etc

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  12. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

You should have picked up a note from the witch in the basement. If you read it, you will get your answer.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hm, well that should quite frankly be impossible. The bugbears are not spawned there and never have been (and neither are the undead anymore), so it's not like a scripting error could be causing them to reappear. And I've never seen a .mob magically come back to life. :shrug:

Was the original bugbears' gear still lying around, if you didn't loot it all?

14. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

ooops my bad thought i had read it .. but appearntly not ..

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I did indeed loot it all. Like I said, it may just have been my own game. When I try a new play, I will be careful to save before that battle in the MR so I can see if it duplicates on me or was only the one off. It was just a strange battle with the bugbears showing up again and then the undead popping up one at a time. Thanks for at least letting me know.

Our Host!