Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I believe that as of v.7.8 the Moathouse Respawn has been moved to the post temple Vebobonnoc 'things to do'...

2. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

The folks at Co8 moved it. It's now found later in the game.(v7.8)

3. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

Not sure what the triggering conditions are for the 7.8 Moathouse respawn but I got it rather late (Party of 6 levels 17-19!) consequently it was fairly easy on a side not I also didn't get "Robin Hood" until shortly before so he and his buddies didn't last long either.

This is a bit of a shame as I had hoped for much scariness in the Mosthouse when I saw it had been moved to post Demon slaying. It is probably my fault as I seemed to get WotGS very quickly too.

Otherwise enjoying the new mod especially the new monster portraits and the dressing up clothes (especially the ones you can buy in Verbo - tho sadly they're hidden under Robes of the Archmagi now)

Isewein likes this.
  4. Radic123

Radic123 Member

Ok ty for the info but i cant even get to verbo :/ My party is lvl 10 and when i go to smyth and ask for smth else nothing new pops up...I killd zuggtmoy and i got the ,,i dont want to adventure any more '' option which just finishes the game for me...Im still sad :/ ty for the fast answer guys :)

5. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

I don't think you have to ask the Smyth for Verbo anymore, once you kill Zuggtomy the option just appears on your world map...passage to Verbobonac (sp)
    Thats what happen in my current game.

6. Doggy the Goblin

Doggy the Goblin Member

Do you still talk to the boy Kent for respawn? I killed Zug and I visited V city, but Kent is still trying to ask dumb questions without saying "Witch". Is it just me?

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The moathouse respawn has been moved to after the Temple.

You can find the trigger on the board in Verbobonc under "Check Notices".

It may not appear until you've done a few things in Verbobonc, just keep checking the board. :)

8. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I am having difficulty activating the moathouse respawn in NC7.8.
    Details below
    I have received a note from the Verbobonc Captain asking me to check it out, but when I get to Lareth's guardroom the place is empty. If I talk to Kent he does his usual (as per NC7.2, which is the last thing I played) spiel about "you look tough enough to beat the witch" to which I have two reply options (details I can't remember, but basically "I'll check it out" vs "kid talking nonsense- ignore"). Again, if I go to the moathouse it remains empty. Quest status in my logbook is mentioned rather than accepted
    As noted above I'm in NC7.8, have done the drow/ dragon quests and reported back, and accepted 'what lies beneath' from Abiram and the Slavers from Wilfrick, and accepted all the fugitive quests (and brought the guy from the Spruce Goose in, which I gather triggers the Moathouse Respawn). As yet I haven't done anything else of note in Verbobonc (no Castle buying/ discovering dodgy cults in ruined churches or posh eateries etc) though I have done some shopping.

One other odd thing of note: after I arrested and handed in the Halfling from the Nulb brothel, I found myself being attacked by the Hommlet militia on my return there. To turn in both the Halfling and the Spruce Goose guy I accepted them into my party before taking them into the wilderness and knocking them out with non-lethal damage and dropping them off in turn at the Constabulary. I haven't been involved in fights with anyone from Hommlet apart from Rannos and Gremag (I didn't even get violent with Mickey- picked his pocket instead), and the only relevant reps I have are (from memory) Swift Justice and Moathouse Clearer, i.e. no Butcher of Hommlet or similar. I mention this here as I wonder if it has something to do with the Respawn (though I reloaded to an earlier save once I realised that my party Cleric, Ronald, had taken a dislike to me).

9. Nightcanon

Okay, so it appears that going to the front door of the moathouse is sufficient to complete "return to the moathouse" and I picked up "season of the witch" either from Kent or on arrival.
    I also found that simply killing the fugitives has no ill effect on my LN reputation, my standing in Hommlett, or my relationship with the Verbobonc watch, and I also gain xp. Still, it would be nice to be able to knock them out, force them to surrender (or Dominate Person them) and drag them back in chains.
    For those looking to activate Respawn, I gather that it's completing one fugitive quest that triggers the notice from the regional patrol giving the quest via the Verbobonc notice board.

10. samurixxxx

samurixxxx Member

ok here is the problem that i am having. i have recieved the moathouse respawn quest and it got completed when i entered the moathouse map, and it gave me the season of the witch quest but it was only mentioned. i went ahead and spoken to the smith and kent but it still remained mentioned. what do i do to make it accepted? it was much simpler when it was part of the blacksmith.

11. Nightcanon

Have a look in the Moathouse- I think that the respawn may have now activated from what I remember.

12. sirchet

After the last fight in the moathouse respawn, did you find and use anything that was on the witch?

13. samurixxxx

samurixxxx Member

yes i went all the way to the end with the quest and even recieved the ring that restores wizards and clearics spells, but the season of the witch quest remained mentioned and never got completed. it was a good thing i had a save so i reloded it now i am doing the scarlet brotherhood quest series. does any one know the location of the npc that was postes the quest starter in the board in verbonc? he was leader of the watch men but i cant find him anywhere?

14. sirchet

During business hours one captain is in the town hall building by the desk/podium and there are a few more in the jail/guard house.

15. Gubbie

Gubbie Member

I've got a problem with the respawn quest.
    The undead in front of the moathouse appear and I defeat them. The werewolves and basilisk inside also appear. The shadows and nightwalker in the old bugbear room appear. the undead in the old gnoll quarters appear. but that's it.
    No witch, nothing in lareths area. I'm playing 7.8 NC.

Is there anything I should do first?

Our Host!