Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Can the template, or whatever designates the spawn change on it's own accord? That is if they are even spawns, they might be placed for all I know.

I really should look into the World Builder, ahh the power of procrastination. ;)

When I had the trouble with the court yard skeletons, the gnoll skeletons in the gnoll room were normal and took damage from bludgeoning.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

They are all mobbed in these days (don't spawn), so they are static mobs that began life as bludgeon-weak but magically transformed with no alteration whatsoever. Ah, ToEE ...

3. sirchet

The elf leader that has the captive we rescue has a copy of the letter found on the witch.

It even has the link to send you to, well, where you already are if you're looting his body.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Originally I 'got rid' of the note by transferring it to him (as returns tended to CTD, but first trip was fine). Not sure why I did it that particular way :scratchhe

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Currently playing through the Moathouse Respawn and got some questions:
    - the Morgh that appear here for the first time are not in the database of the game. Can/should they be added?
    - the amulets that they wear: after identifying them with my sorceror I had my priest and Paladin equip them to get higher protection against turning ( I have heard that in ToEE evil priests can´t turn good clerics/Paladins but in my mind they can ) and only then noticed that those amulets bestow a negative level on good characters. Shouldn´t an "Identify" spell discover that and list it in the items description?
    - in the tower that housed the large spider and later became a safe restplace is nothing new. Is that as intended or did I miss something new there?

6. Shiningted

There's a database? :blink:
    In my mind a paladin would Detect Evil before strapping anything on, let alone something he took off undead.
    Undead vermin? Is that even a thing?

7. ConjurerDragon

I meant when you click on "help" and then "monsters" you get a list of monsters in the game with a description of each. The monsters of the respawn ( Morghs, Bodaks, Shadows ) are not listed there. The only thing shadow there is a "Shadow Mastiff".

My Paladin is a Fighter 5/Paladin 3 so no spells yet. After your message I had my Cleric memorize "Detect Evil" and cast it while having the two Amulets in her inventory. They didn´t glow and nothing changed in their description. How do I get to notice that they are evil using Detect Evil?

Beetlejuice :thumbsup:

Does it need to be undead? If not it could be the same spider as before with the "fiendish" template or if that even exists in ToEE with the "ghost" template.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  8. ConjurerDragon

In the fight against the Witch and her undead minions something strange happened.
    My cleric used Summon Monster IV to summon a Fire Mephit right next to the Witch as a distraction while my party was still blocked out by several Ghasts and Morghs. Then the Fire Mephit was killed - and in the next round I saw "Lareth´s Diary fails reflex save" in the "rolls" display. Looking closer I saw the picture of a BOOK in the row of character pictures at the upper side of the screen where before the picture of my summoned Fire Mephit had been... :roll:

Edit: I just checked and I didn´t even have Lareth´s Diary in anyones inventory. It was in the extraplanar chest.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  9. ConjurerDragon

After speaking to the Witch in Gnarley Wood I used the door symbol to exit the map and was directly back in the middle of Hommlet. Is there a reason that ths happens instead of having to travel using the world map like after Welkwood Bog or Hickory Branch?

10. Shiningted

The Moathouse Respawn predates the dll hacking that allowed changes to the Worldmap.
    Many paladins find they can detect evil below level 3. But if setting something as Unholy doesn't make it show up in a Detect Evil spell, well, my bad. Maybe I can fix that.
    The Undead section has gone to the dogs, then. But Bodaks and Shadows are from Vanilla, so not sure what to say about that, other than you shouldn't have an encyclopedia on tap when encountering new (unknown) monsters. Hit them with something and see if it hurts. And don't look ANYTHING in the eye.

In happier news the Morhgs will have new portraits and models in the next version of MR, looking vaguely closer to their traditional image.

11. ConjurerDragon

Ah. I didn´t know that.

Oh, so you didn´t mean the spell "Detect Evil", but the special abiltiy? I loaded the last game, used that from the radial menu with the two turning resistance amulets in the Fighter/Paladins inventory and - nothing. No evil glow, no change in it´s description. Is Detect Evil supposed to highlight them somehow?

The only hints that they are EVIL is the blinking of the character portrait when equipping them and the lowered abilities. And the description if I click on the BAB where it specifically lists the temporary negative level. But those are there even without Detect Evil.

Is it as intended that one can find the turning resistance amulets on the Morghs in the courtyard at the surface but not on the Morghs in the battle with the Witch?

The item description of Iolo´s Crossbow lacks the proficiency entry that weapons usually have. Shouldn´t it list as exotic weapon proficiency?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

IMO, not everything at the Moathouse needs to be resurrected.

13. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I've had a second occasion of monsters not appearing when they should during the Moathouse Respawn, specifically the basilisk, dire wolf, werewolf and jackelwere. I'm playing a NG party now and after defeating the encounter in the courtyard I enter the first floor of the moathouse- and only the rats are there. I had to leave the area and re-enter it to activate any appearance by the monsters and it was the same order as last time- the basilisk first followed by the three wolf brethren. It was like they popped into existence rather than my seeing them as my party approached.

14. sirchet

I usually miss a monster somewhere and it holds up the re-spawn from fully taking effect.

15. Radic123

Radic123 Member

Pls help i cant reach motehouse respawn and i think i did all the trigers...Do i need a party of lvl 11 or smth like that?

Our Host!