Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What is it? Sinister forces have re-occupied the Moathouse, led by an evil witch who commands undead and other dangerous denizens of the forest and surrounding areas.

Author: Shiningted

Support: Vampiricpuppy

Featured in modpacks: 6.1.0 NC, 8.1.0 New Content Edition

New maps: 1 outdoor

Quests: (2) 'Return to the Moathouse,' 'Season of the Witch'

New NPCs: The two witches, Mother

Designed for: a party of high level adventurers

Availability: the Verbobonc chapter of the game - after you've dealt with Zuggtmoy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Gaear

Fun fact: The 5.8.0 NC version of Moathouse Respawn will feature a new merchant.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

You mean ASIDE from the witch selling you stuff?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes. The witch will sell you something new, too.

5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I hate banshees and bodaks being together. The banshee fears everyone and the bodaks chase them around doing their death gaze on them.

That ain't gonna happen no more though. Next time, it's spiritual weapon and hose them all down from the other room.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ahahaha, nice inventive use of existing models, guys! Fun stuff. Are the two shroom-girls related?

7. bigchris1234

bigchris1234 Member

How do I get Brother Smythe to give me the Moathouse respawn quest? I have done a few of the Nulb quests, and visisted the temple once. My understanding is that it should be available now.
    I think I may have lost the dialog.option though. When I did the NC quest with the orcs I think I accidently "botched" it. I killed everything there but I may have missed a dialog in doing so. All I know is that in my journal it reads "botched" under the ORc season quest. Is is possible that the botched status is causing Brother to not give me the Moathouse quest?

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Exactly what I did. Still, bodaks are quite the buggers with all the DR. Loving the new 100+HP zombies, too! I am sort of glad I have a paladin when fighting stuff like banshee, too. And a monk makes a great skeleton-mower.

The final fight with the drow felt horribly anticlimactic. The fight to obtain the map was pretty tough (even if the witch does a bit of friendly damage), but the drow went down before they could touch me, I didn't even buff. I'd suggest giving each one of them a few more levels, or at the very least better stats.

Also, the witch's shop is bugged - if you don't have enough money (which I didn't given that I just crafted as much stuff as I could), she suggests I sell her stuff - which takes you to the barter screen, but the reward item is 1) at the very bottom of her inventory, after all the empty spaces, and 2) she refuses to sell it ("I don't want to sell this" message). The option to get it from the dialogue disappears as well. So, sadly, she had to die ;( An effective way to get reward for free though - IMO there needs to be a punishment for this: either not let her have the ring on her body, as happened with the previous reward item; or make her summon a tough demon on death - or something.

EDIT: Bug? The witch's item doesn't work for me - regardless of whether I kill her, or console in some money to buy it. Tried on spontaneous as well as memorization casters. is there a trick to it?

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  9. Gaear

Botching Orc Season does not prevent you getting any further new content options. The only way to botch Orc Season is to tell Nevets you're scared, btw.

It should be available like normal - ask Bro Smyth for something different.

10. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

What weapon feat is associated with Iolos crossbow? I got it off the drow and in its description it states that it is a light crossbow, but all of the characters that can use light crossbow (and heavy for that matter) show that they are not proficient in its use. Is it supposed to be a hand crossbow? That would make sense in that you would have to spend an exotic weapon feat to use it properly, but you should change the description on it so people don't get confused. Not that I am complaining, as this is the first time I have played any new content (even though I have played older versions of the mod-pack, I never did the new content) and I am very much enjoying it. In fact, it is awesome, to say the least.

Anyway, an update on the status of that crossbow (which now that I think about it, looks an awful lot like Wonnilons' hand crossbow as far as the picture is concerned anyway) so I know what kind of feat requirements are needed to use it properly. Sadly, my bard would love to use it (as it was created by a bard it would be fitting) but isn't proficient in it (weird eh).

As always, thanks and keep up the good work. It is appreciated.

11. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Only a guess but I bet it's repeating crossbow proficiency.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah it is a repeater.
    So it is there but not working? Well at least I am not so senile I forgot to include it, but I will fix it. Haiyoolah...

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Three problems - 1) She won't sell it if you select the "barter for more money" option; 2) It shows up in her inventory not just shop (easy exploit to save 20k); 3) Whichever way you obtain it, I couldn't get it to work as in description - there's the pretty visual effect, but nothing happens.

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I used the ring several times and it renewed the wizards spells. Kind of handy when you're stuck in an unsafe place and out of spells.

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I guess that may be my problem - is the ring only usable by WIZARDS? Cause I don't have one, and it surely does nothing for sorcerers, clerics or druids.

Our Host!