Co8 New Content: Arena of Heroes

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Acrux

Acrux Member

Nope. I never use the console. I've just tried some more test cases, and it seems that it's returning to Hommlet that's actually the problem. (I left from the world map and tried to return from various locations.)

Seems like a pretty broad variey of causes, so I'll probably just restart.

2. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Is this the appropriate thread to discuss bugs? I found a few, some with this module and some with the main module. Anyway, what happened to me is I was doing fantastic (of course that's when you get the game-breakers) and had just killed the first wizard in the final fight via my Sorc's Magic Missile, which she used her first action to cast, with a move action remaining. As soon as the spawn pops up upon his death, her action bar changed to "empty" status (denying me her move action). So I ended her turn, but it did not proceed to the next character's turn. Instead the action bar "greys out" and the game is still stuck on her turn. In short, I am stuck and cannot continue. I tried entering the inventory and options screens in hopes of startling the game back to life, but that actually made it worse: upon returning from the options screen the escape key is now disabled, and looks like I'll have to end-task. Sucks because it was one of those fights where you do so well, and will never be as good the next time around :(

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you still have the save, you could try using a potion. That works for when this sort of thing happens with the answering swords.

4. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Hrrrm ok, I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately, I replayed the third fight and got through it, only to have the bug where the arena master didn't spawn afterwards. I found a fix that applies to a previous version (I'm using 6.01), not sure if I should apply it.

Edit: False alarm: walked around the arena till he did spawn.

5. Ipon

Ipon Member

Just tackled this mod for the first time (my first run). Wow was I surprised by the 3rd challenge. Got hit with blue-wizard's opening salvo and just never recovered; I finally took down blue-wizard and immediately my victory yell turn into a ego crushing yawp.

Played it through about 2 more times before I got it right. Lvl 6 party. Don't think I could win w/o knowing what was coming.

Nice job, people. It was a heck of a lot of fun.

6. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Noticed above where Hal900x walked around the arena until the master appeared. Is this a known issue, will he eventually appear. I just finished my bugbear fight and he has not appeared, I walked around, passed time. Still nothing. I did have my party leader die in the fight is this possibly an issue since he was the one to talk to the arena master. I moved anthor into the one slot, and even gave someone else the book but I appear to be trapped. Got to get back to town to ressurect the bossman.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Can you post a save?

8. shapecharge

I can, never posted a save before, but let me see if I can figure it out, can't be to hard.

Ok apparently it was not a simple copy to the post how do I post a saved game?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Click on the paper clip symbol to the right of the smiley face and choose upload file from pc.

10. shapecharge

11. Sitra Achara

You're missing some files in the zip - it should include 4 files with the extensions .co8, .tfaf, .tfai, and .gsi. Please resubmit.

12. shapecharge

Thanks Sitra, I didn't know if I had to include all the 1kb files along with the bigger one.
    Appreciate your willingness to help, but I tried some other things in the arena to try and get the Arena Master too appear and then when those didn't work just deleated the game.
    So I cannot resubmit.
    Its not all a loss though I now know how to submit a saved game to the forum, and exactly what files I need to accomplish it.
    So thanks to you and Sirchet for that and I appreciate both of you for your time and willingness to help me.

13. Sitra Achara

You're welcome.

Should you ever stumble upon another occurence of a bug, especuially an apparent malfunction of a script like in this case, I'd be grateful if you could post the save - it's very helpful in deciphering what went wrong and fixing the bug / bulletproofing the script.

14. valky

valky Member

*nevermind my 1st posting* :p

Just finished the arena with my awesome halfling-crew (lv 5/6) and the last battle was hard but I've to admit one of my most funniest battles ever (took me about 40 minutes O_O). How is one supposed to beat it easier without a cleric? (just wondering...cause turn undead is freaking helpful)

Though, the first and second wave are kinda *low* IMO, just have one either crowdcontrolling them or just cast glitterdust. [I've yet to found the spell which beats this one]
    On a sidenote, I am using a party of 6 and do not allow other NPCs to join me :D Next time it might be really a halfling-bard-squad ^^

Anyway, would suggest to put some other monster into the 2nd group, they are really easy compared to the 1st one.

And maybe can you do some dialog and/or changeable prize after all? A *** (spoiler?) is nice to have, but there are some players, who just don't use it. Maybe some Gauntlets or a cloak, which usually is more helpful at all.

Yet, it was fun - reminds me a bit of the spellforce arena ^.^

0.02$

15. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

If you don't have a cleric, a druid can be helpful in this fight by spamming elemental summonings. A couple of earth and fire elementals can survive a few rounds, even against the giants. They are immune to the stinking cloud and can move freely through the battlefield. In P&P you would think a air elemental could dissipate the cloud and save you, but oh well. Droppinf them in behind enemy lines forces them to turn around and target them, allowing your characters time to maneuver into better fighting lines.

While other summonings could help in this tactic, most will be effected by the SC.

Our Host!