Co8 New Content: Arena of Heroes

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey good to see you back Brad :wave:
    I think you'll like War of the Golden Skull.

2. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Well, I think WotGS wont have the Hommlet castle anymore, since it got moved to Verb...

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Which means Hommlet Castle needs a new story...

4. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

hey shinny!!! hmm War of golden skull hmm dont sem to have been offered that is it in the new 592 release?

5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I'm confused, as usual. Burne and Rufus finished their castle and airlifted it to Verbobonc because that's where the money is? They'll throw Hommlet and it's peasants to the sharks so they can live a high profile life? They need to be killed. I'll just take care of it and take over their old and new castle and watch over Hommlet and Verbobonc can keep their urban decay to themselves!

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

War of the Golden Skull is an addon to 5.5.0. It has not been incorporated into any other version. It is buggy.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Gaear I think the flags to start this are messed up.

I went to Nulb, interacted with Otis, and came back to Hommlet. No chest.

I rested in Hommlets inn, morning occured, nothing.

Smythe had already told me to talk to Kenter, so I went to go talk to him. I found out about HB, and immediatly when I walked outside to the smith the chest was there. Are you sure the chest does not appear once you find out about the orcs?

8. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I have also noticed this. I only get the arena after HB but before MR. They should let you get the arena at level one so people can go and get repeatedly waxed, making them spend megabucks on raise deads.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The flags are working exactly as they should, by the sound. As with all the other NC stuff, you have to satisfy two conditions before you can progress to the next stage of NC: you have to reach a certain story state, and you have to speak to the contact for the current NC installment that Bro Smyth puts you in touch with. In your case, your current NC installment was HB. When you met the second requirement (talked to Nevets), AoH became available (the chest appeared), because you had already met the first requirement (story state 3 - Nulb).

You could be battling Zuggtmoy in the Temple and still not get the chest/AoH thing to become available if you had not spoken to Nevets. You have to meet both requirements. Likewise, you could be battling the Balor in the Fire Node, but if you haven't talked to Captain Renton yet about WWB, you won't get access to HB.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  10. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Fair enough, however the first post in this thread does not mention talking to Kenter :)

11. Gaear

Those synposes are just to give general ideas of when you can expect to get the NC, not exhaustive details on how to do so.

The same principal always applies: when in doubt, check with Smyth, and just let it happen. Smyth is not dumb; when you have satisfied the requirements, he'll move you along.

12. Flak88

Flak88 Member

These were fun encounters, any chance of adding more?

13. Gaear

Probably not. Morpheus (the original author) intended for there to be three encounters.

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Just finished, and had lots of fun with it. I originally thought AoH was supposed to be high-level adventure, but I guess it's not. Still, it's great. Although the first two encounters were really easy, that last one made me break a sweat in order to get through w/o losing anyone. And the quest reward is pretty good, too.

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Possible spoiler below, so you are warned.

Ok this tactic may have become obvious to others, but I confirmed something today that I thought I would share. In the third battle you get two hordes of undead that show up initially. They each have an undead mage in them. If you do NOT kill either of those mages right away, the third group with another undead mage and two undead giant skeletons will not show up. You concentrate on the other undead until your ready to take out the first two mages and then you will not have so many undead at one time.

Now various tactics are playable, just thought I would share what I encountered. Take it or not, and just have fun.

Our Host!