Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. short

short Member

I feel like the large weapons should have the 2HAND_REQUIRED property. Without the property you don't get the 2-handed damage bonus from power attack when enlarged. The downside is that you can't put anything in your off-hand (shield, most likely) when enlarged, but I feel it's more useful for a 2-handed character that 2-handed combat keeps working correctly when enlarged. Putting anything in your off-hand when enlarged is bugged anyway, since when the spell wears off you'll still happily carry a greatsword + tower shield, for example.

2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Wow I think I am just asking questions but I found another one. This was a good one for me but not for Patriarch-General Wakefield. I was doing the Golden Skull quest when I exited the town elders place and I got to move my repositioned Paladin and Elmo down the stairs. Then Wakefield cast a hold person on Elmo. He failed his save. People would attack him and Scather would give an AOO. Then I tried to move Elmo after one time when it said he failed his save. HE ACTUALLY MOVED. It said he was paralyzed and held but it didn't happen. He did not have a ring of free action either.

3. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

I have a minor bug.
    After one of my characters got charmed, the light effect continues on his head as if charmed. I haven't yet changed of zone or slept so I cannot say if it will remain that way later in the game.
    Edit: the light effect disapears after a while.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  4. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

Not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but by deactivating then reactivating the co8 mods I lost everything that was in the extraplanar chest... :(

5. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

This is well knowm - merely activating an add-on is sufficient to erase the data file describing extraplanar chest contents.

If you search through past threads you should find where an esteemed modder (I think it was Sita Achara?) gave the file you should save elsewhere and reinstate to preserve chest contents if you were installing a minor add-on that did not require a new game [I recall the add-on in question removed a stray Nulb villager who was causing the game to crash].

6. Murlynd

Murlynd The White Paladin

I found that the help.tab file is very quirky at some times and showed the first screen when something was not working as it should. :dizzy:

Check this link, Improving the in-game Help, if I can fix it!

7. Murlynd

Murlynd The White Paladin

I found a problem with a spell that definitely needs a fix!

The spell is Banishment and the problem occurs if you select multiple targets. The spell's DC increases by 10 for every creature selected beyond the first. Yikes!! :yikes:
    If you want to legitimately increase the DC for the spell, highlight below:
    A Potion of Protection From Outsiders increases the DC by 2 and a Swamp Lotus increases the DC by 4. Multiple potions do not stack the DC, however a potion and a lotus do.
    I am attaching the fix for this problem and it goes into the "...\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\scr\" folder.

ENJOY! ;)

Attached Files:

8. mercurier

mercurier Member

I've looked a bit into that thread. To me it seems the problem lies in text rendering or parsing, rather than the .mes file itself.

Fortunately after upgrading Catalyst to v14.4 AND poking its configurations the problem was solved! Sadly I don't know which option did the magic and thus cannot re-create the bug.

My current settings:

"My digital flat-panels" tab:
    check "enable GPU scaling" and "scale image to full panel size"
    unchecked "Reduce DVI ..." and "Alternate DVI .."
    or "Gaming")

"Gaming" tab:
    Use defaults for all.

9. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

Killing ennemies with "Finger of Death" doesn't give any XP. I think that only happens if they haven't previously been damaged in combat.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the talented scripters fixed those spells for 8.1 and you do actually get XP from FoD, turn undead and disintegrate.

I'd look for the thread but it's a pain doing it on a freaking iPad.

EDIT:OK, here is the fix. You can get it from this post from Murlynd, the instructions on where to place the file is there too.

Murlynd's instant death XP fix.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  11. ShadyElf

ShadyElf Member

My game now crashes immediately after resting, level 17 or 18. I didn't have any problems at level 16.

12. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

:p

Thank you for your help. ;)

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Have you tried a different save? TOEE does have a habit of wrecking saves, I normally keep 10 saves and rotate through them so I usually have one pretty close to any issue.

14. ShadyElf

ShadyElf Member

Three different saves, they all have the same problem.

15. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Has anyone asked Bing to make masterwork items and had him disappear?

Our Host!